Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with these ointments?

Hey,

I've been given some suggestions of some night ointments I should try out. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them before and if they worked.

- Viscogel
    - Celluvisc
    - Lacrilube

Thanks.

Originally posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Hey,

I've been given some suggestions of some night ointments I should try out. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or used them before and if they worked.

- Viscogel
    - Celluvisc
    - Lacrilube

Thanks.
    Seems some name I saw is not ointments...
    There viscotears gel, reflesh PM ointment but reflesh celluvisc eye drops...

Ointment is one thing, a white petrolium oil things, all brands are the same.

I had tried on 2 type of eye gel at night, viscotears & Genteal Gel. Much better than ointment, which is I am sensitive to it.

Comment

Experience with these ointments?

You really have to try them each to see. I have been using Lacrilube and similar products now for many years now and they work fine for me, gels don't hold up well enough for me. If it was me and I was just getting into this I probably would give them a try in the order you have them and the first one that worked good I would go with that. Just my opinion as a dry eye sufferer for 50 years.

Originally posted by SomeGuy View Post
      Hey,

- Viscogel
      - Celluvisc
      - Lacrilube

Thanks.

Comment

Celluvisc are extra thick drops as far as I recall. Lacrilube is ointment but I haven't heard of Viscogel - unless you mean Viscotears - which is a gel.

It can only be an individual thing - they may work but you may not like the side effects. I hated Lacrilube because it made my eyes feel as though they had been smeared with Vaseline and my vision was blurred all the time. However, Lacrilube has been around for several years and doctors still prescribe it.

My advice - try one at a time. I hope you find something that works.

Comment

I agree with woodart...

It might be worth it to give them a try. I can't get through the night without my ointment (Refresh PM - preservative free). Gels, goggles, etc. don't cut it. I'm not overly fond of the greasy feeling on the outside of my eyes, but it is very soothing to my eye itself. I also can go longr in the morning before applying drops then if I go a night without it. (My eyes have not gotten any worse either since using them over the past 4 years either.) I use Ocusoft lid scrub foam in the morning to remove any residue left on my lashes or lids.

Comment

I too use ointment on the lid margins at night after doing eyelid hygiene -
            [B]there's no doubt in my mind it helps
            I can wake in the mornings without having to peel my eyelids off my eyeballs
            Then like Alison i can go all morning without drops
            I use an antibiotic ointment in liquid parrafin/white petroleum - I dont put on too much and only on the lid margins but it seeps into the eye.I can read in bed after applying this ,so it is'nt too blurry
            I would also apply a thin layer of vasaline to the outer lids at night
            I could'nt manage without doing this ,and have been doing it for over a year.

During the day i am using Dr Holly's clinitas ultra 3 (Freshkote) even if i feel i dont need it - at a minimum of 3 times daily --- Aim --- to stabalize and thicken the tear film

I do not accept ,nor am i very impressed with lots of scientific reasoning when it comes to DE
            I say -- if it works for you -- then use it ! unless you are really going to damage your eyes
            Its all down to experiment and more experiment until you find whats best for YOU
            Last edited by stella; 05-Feb-2009, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
            X