Refresh (Endura) Dry Eye Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh (Endura) Dry Eye Therapy

I was reading in an article that these drops are good for those with evaporative dry eye or MGD. Has anyone used it?

Yep, i have eveporative eyes and it helps but it is expensive. I also use it in conjunction with Celuvisc or Viscotears at night which is the only combination I have found that works for me.

It changed its name recently to REFRESH DRY EYE THERAPY Lubricant Eye Drops for Sensitive Eyes.

However I was horified the other week as I think its been discontinued and it took me several days of internet searching to find one place which still sold it and I bought up 2 years worth from the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowty View Post
      Yep, i have eveporative eyes and it helps but it is expensive. I also use it in conjunction with Celuvisc or Viscotears at night which is the only combination I have found that works for me.

It changed its name recently to REFRESH DRY EYE THERAPY Lubricant Eye Drops for Sensitive Eyes.

However I was horified the other week as I think its been discontinued and it took me several days of internet searching to find one place which still sold it and I bought up 2 years worth from the USA.
      Thanks. I was wondering if it's worth trying or does what it's suppose to do. You only take it at night?

Comment

Refresh Endura (Dry Eye Therapy) are (or were) really great drops if your tears are lacking in oil.

If you are familiair with Restasis, they are actually the same drops without the active ingredient (cyclosoprine), although the cyclosporine is generally a bit irritating so they are actually more pleasant to use than Restasis.

I suffered a bad Steven's Johnson allergic reaction a year and a half ago that damaged most of my meibomian glands and these were the easily the best drops I found for helping with my dry eyes. I used to use about a box and a half a week of the single use vials, which I guess means dosing about a dozen times a day.

Unfortunately, they have been discontinued. I talked to some representatives from Allergan at the Dry Eye Patient Conference in Long Beach last weekend and they confirmed that there were no plans to bring them back at this point.

People like me have already bought up any remaining online stocks of the single use vials. There appear to be some of the bottles still available, but I tried using these and found that my eyes reacted negatively to the preservative that they use (I may have some of these to give away).

As far as a substitute goes, the only other drop that I have found that is close in effect is Soothe XP. It is also an oily emulsion (mineral oil instead of the castor oil used in Endura). The downside is that it leaves your vision cloudy for several minutes after dropping, and that it does not come in single use vials (although so far I have not had any problems with the preservative).

I'm currently trying out a very complicated regimen of Soothe XP, Systane Ultra and Refresh Plus (as well as Restasis twice a day). I seem to be stable, but it's a lot of fuss compared to my old Endura regimen.

Comment

Working...
        X