blink intensive tears - anyone tried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blink intensive tears - anyone tried?

My optometrist gave me a sample of single vial blink intensive tears...so p.f....but no information on contents - don't know what's in them.

So far internet research has thrown up polyethylene glycol 400 as main active ingredient, plus sodium hyalauronate as well (which we know about).

Has anyone on the board tried these, or any other drop containing PEG 400 - and with what results?

No way am I putting these into my eyes until I know a bit more...

thanks in advance

Hi there Eva

Blink vials are among the many brands I have tried. They didn't help me but I have yet to find one that does!

Theratears would seem to contain PEG 400:

This product may contain 1 or more of the following ingredients: carboxymethylcellulose, dextran, glycerin, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol 400 (PEG 400), polysorbate, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, or propylene glycol, among others.Eye lubricants keep the eye moist, help to protect the eye from injury and infection, and decrease symptoms of dry eyes such as burning, itching, and feeling as if something is in the eye.

Comment

blink contains the short, low molecular weight sodium hyaluronate. While that is likely to give you somewhat longer relief than other tears, it does not give you you the many benefits of high molecular weight long chain sodium hyaluronate.

Comment

....which eyedrops contain long chain sodium hyaluronate? Are there any on the market?

Toril

Comment

indrep,

I'd like to ask the same question...which eyedrops contain the longer chain sodium hyalauronate?

the two I know of in UK are Clinitas soothe and Ocumed...are these better?

thanks,
          Eva

Comment

Just my two pennies worth but blink intensive tears are my favourite eye drops by far.

I also use both Ocumed and Clintas Soothe which have the same or higher level of sodium hyalauronate yet I still find Blink to be better for me. To be honest I only use these as they are re-sealable and are better when I'm on the go. If Blink vials were re-sealable I would probably never use anything else.

I think it is the polythylene glycol which my eyes particularly like and as far as I know this is the main difference between the drops.

I would be interested to know about the long chain sodium hyalauronate?

Comment

Toril and Eva
              I am not aware of any any Norway or Europe. The longer chain has to do with the Molecular weight of the sodium hyaluronate. So you need two things for the HA to work effectively for long duration on the ocular surface; molecular weight and concentration. The weight needs to be over 500,000 and the concentration over 0.1%. When these two conditions are met "molecular crwoding" takes place. What this is in simple terms is each HA molecule coils up and intertwines with other HA molecules forming a sponge like matrix over the entire ocular surface.

I will research the two you mentioned and see what I come up with.

Comment

Working...
              X