Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often do you use tears

hi all
    i have almost completely dry eyes (shirmer 1 in left eye, 2 in right) and as a result i use artificial tears almost 4 x per hour.
    my doctor said that is unusual. that most patients use tears about 4 times a day and that made me curious.
    how often do people here use tears??
    thanks, betty

I use drops as often as needed, which means up to four times per hour if I am not totally engrossed in something or otherwise cannot do it. Like if I am sitting in a meeting I don't feel comfortable putting in drops constantly, so I wait and do it on breaks, and suffer through otherwise. At the office, I keep my tears right next to my computer monitor and put in drops frequently.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

It seems that the more I use drops, the more I need them. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. But when I started using OTC drops I needed them about every hour and was still miserable. Then I thought about the fact that my eyes had taken a drastic turn for the worse when I started using the drops. Before drops I was actually living my life normally. So I weaned myself down to two or three times a day and my eyes actually feel better. I have seen other similar comments on this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by bvendig View Post
        hi all
        i have almost completely dry eyes (shirmer 1 in left eye, 2 in right) and as a result i use artificial tears almost 4 x per hour.
        my doctor said that is unusual. that most patients use tears about 4 times a day and that made me curious.
        how often do people here use tears??
        thanks, betty
        4 times a day for those very normal people having a minor things on the eye.
        Dry eye people = unusual

if you got only 1/10 in schirmer test, that's very dry...may be can't go out.

Comment

Working...
        X