Theratears question - please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theratears question - please help?

I've just purchased some theratears, as alot of you seem to use them, so thought I'd give them a go. However, I used Celluvisc 4 x daily, I guess as a preventative measureThe instructions for Theratears goes in to quite comprehensive instructions if you wear contacts, but I don't. Should I use it throughout the day, or should I just use it when I get bad to ease the discomfort? Let me know how this works for you. Thank you

I use them as soon as I begin to notice discomfort every 30-60 min. Don't wait until it gets bad.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Been using the regular PF drops 1-2 times a day and using the gel version at night.also been taking the nutrition pills twice a day.

Comment

I used the theratears last night when they started to feel uncomfortable, and seemed to make my eyes worse and had a terrible evening. Not sure if they'd have gone like that anyway, as I wore mascara yesterday, so probably paid for that! Will try again today, but to be honest, when they get bad, the drops only relieve it for about 15 minutes anyway. Was looking for a miracle cure i suppose.

Comment

allergy to cellulose?

Hi SallyP,
          I am allergic to, or sensitive to, cellulose products. They make my eyes get very irritated. It seems like I have read about several people here being unable to use products with "cel....." in them.
          I noticed that two of the products you are trying do have cellulose in them, including the Theratears.

Comment

Magoo..can I ask which drops you use if you rop

can't use drops containing cellulose... and may I ask if the drops you use are preservative-free? Thanks, Shell

Comment

Yes, I use preservative free Systane drops

Comment

OK, bearing in mind all of the above, I think I'll have to rethink the whole drops situation. I have my next appointment with the consultant in........................ December!!! The Celluvisc I use during the day doesn't effect me when I put it in,but I don't get the dry eye during the day anyway,and use it as a "preventative" measure and suppose I daren't go without it, but I have to say when my eyes are at their worst, which varies from anywhere between 7 and 9pm, when I put the drops in then, it relieves them for about 10 minutes, but then are twice as bad after,but nice to have that immediate relief. I think if I put plain water in though, it would probably provide the same relief, so maybe the drops are aggrevating the situation?

The optician told me I have blepharitis and the glands are blocked, so would the drops help anyway? The other night when I used the Theratears was the worst they've ever been, could hardly open them actually, and just had to go to bed! I daren't use them again.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyP View Post
                  OK, bearing in mind all of the above, I think I'll have to rethink the whole drops situation. I have my next appointment with the consultant in........................ December!!! The Celluvisc I use during the day doesn't effect me when I put it in,but I don't get the dry eye during the day anyway,and use it as a "preventative" measure and suppose I daren't go without it, but I have to say when my eyes are at their worst, which varies from anywhere between 7 and 9pm, when I put the drops in then, it relieves them for about 10 minutes, but then are twice as bad after,but nice to have that immediate relief. I think if I put plain water in though, it would probably provide the same relief, so maybe the drops are aggrevating the situation?

The optician told me I have blepharitis and the glands are blocked, so would the drops help anyway? The other night when I used the Theratears was the worst they've ever been, could hardly open them actually, and just had to go to bed! I daren't use them again.
                  I would not use plain water in your eyes, rather, try sterile, un-preserved saline solution, or a saline solution made for sensitive eyes. You can find it with the contact lens products or with the eye drops. Water and saline do not have all of the ingredients that mimic the components of natural tears, so it is doubtful that either will provide you with any sort of significant relief.
                  Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Kitty

Ok, thank you for that. I feel like liberating myself totally of all drops at the moment. The Theratears were such an unpleasant disaster. I don't suppose going without any would be too good either, just a matter of finding the right ones.

Thank you again, you are always very helpful

Sally

Comment

Working...
                    X