Success with various drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success with various drops

I have noticed, that there are times when a drop that I have found helpful, suddenly becomes an irritant, and then drops that have been at first irritating, suddenly become soothing. I cannot explain why - has anyone else experienced this situation? For example, I was using REFRESH classic for several weeks, and then all of a sudden, it became irritating to my eyes. By the same token, I had given up on BLINK tears, and I was about to toss'em, when I decided to try them one more time, and they are working beautifully today. In the past, they have been rather irritating. I don't know what to think!

Yes - I experience that too!

Unfortunately, it is usually a case of drops not being too bad to begin with and then they irritate and I have to give up. On occasion, I have returned to them with a bit of success - my example is with Systane.

(Having made this statement, perhaps today is the day that Systane decides to create problems again!!)

Comment

Yes me too. I esp notice it with RX drops-I used to do so well on Lotemax when my eyes would be inflamed-this past spring i had ocular allergies and had my dr prescribe non-preserved lotemax-i still had a bad reaction even w/o preservatives. My dr. said that can happen with drops though-you once could use them and when you try them at a later date you don't agree with them.

When I first got this I loved Refresh non-preserved drops. There was about 8 months when I couldn't use them anymore-they would burn my eyes. But now I am back to using Refresh! It is very odd indeed.. Can't figure it out myself

good luck and just know you may be able to try drops you liked in the past again in the future..
      Jenny

Comment

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I have decided not to be too hasty in throwing away drops, in case they start to be helpful at another time.

Comment

I tend to be a `squirrel' and keep vials although I know that going back to them doesn't work every time. The Clinitas stuff is an example of this and yet it suits so many people. Odd isn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X