To former Refresh Dry Eye Therapy PF users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To former Refresh Dry Eye Therapy PF users

I'm a severe dry-eye patient who was very dependent on the preservative-free form of Refresh Dry Eye Therapy (a.k.a. Endura). Having found no preservative-free OTC eye-drop with a high-enough lubricant content, I was happy to find out that the Leiter compounding pharmacy in San Jose, CA, was planning to formulate a look-alike. For those unfamiliar with this pharmacy, they can make custom eye-drops on a doctor's prescription, which they distribute anywhere in the country through the mail. You can get a good idea of how they operate by viewing their web site: www.leiterrx.com.

Unfortunately, my ophthamologist just found out that they are indefinitely postponing the release of their Endura look-alike. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I would think that hearing from other potential customers would be helpful. If anyone would like to express an interest in this product, they can contact Chuck Leiter, the head compounding pharmacist, at cleiter@leiterrx.com.

Thank you.

This might be a silly question, but, have you tried restasis? Refresh endura was essentially the restasis castor oil vehicle, just, less the cyclosporine.

Comment

reply to nahzee

I'm a Restasis drop-out, having ultra-irritable eyes. Also, I need a drop that I can use at least every hour, which is why it must also be preservative-free. But thanks for the suggestion.

VMJJRK

Comment

I was just in my local pharmacy yesterday and found Endura, now called Dry Eye Therapy, in pf individual vials!

Just wanted you who miss Endura to know that it is out there!

--Liz

Comment

Originally posted by liz56 View Post
          I was just in my local pharmacy yesterday and found Endura, now called Dry Eye Therapy, in pf individual vials!

Just wanted you who miss Endura to know that it is out there!

--Liz
          This is great news! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X