MSM Eye Drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSM Eye Drops?

Has anybody out there had any experience with MSM eye drops?

MSM eye drops are advertised as helping to make the eye tissues more permeable and as a result "nutrients are able to penetrate through the optical tissues and provide nutrients needed for the body to heal itself. MSM softens tough, leathery tissue, equalises pressure, repairs damaged membranes, clears up red spots and broken blood vessels and helps remove floaters and other eye particles."

I just got a bottle but I'm not to sure if it will actually help me out with any of my problems.

MSM...I have heard of this I think, but can't remember in what context...is it a sulpher based product. What does MSM stand for?

Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
      MSM...I have heard of this I think, but can't remember in what context...is it a sulpher based product. What does MSM stand for?

Bernadette
      http://www.eyesight.nu/content.asp?p...0Water%20Drops

"MSM water drops contain the following:
      MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) - a natural sulphur that resides in the body. approximately 12-15% of the solutionOxygenated Water - helps preserve the formula

Related Diseases to be helped:
      Blepharitis, Computer Vision Syndrome, Conjunctivitis, Dry Eyes, Floaters, Glaucoma, Iritis, Kerataconus and Pterygium"

Comment

There is another website I am a member of where some people take it by mouth as it's supposed to be great for reducing inflammation. I am following a diet similar to what he suggests under his "eye care" section.

I will shot out an email there and see if anyone knows anything about using it in the eye.

Bernadette

Comment

So this are drops you should you when you have MGD? How expensive are they? And, are they save???

Comment

I have been taking MSM in tablet form for 8 years - Its supposed to be good for arthritis, along with glucosamine and chondroitin

I cant see how it would help dry eye though
            I got my dry eye whilst on it

Comment

I have heard of people using it on their skin to help with Rosacea, don't know how well it works though.

Maybe you could start with taking the tablet form and see how you get on. i will ask an holistic eye Dr. if he thinks thesedros are safe in the eye. When things were bad for me I was always dropping something in the eye, and I was afraid anything "natural" might turn nasty if it reacted with the other drops.

B.

Comment

Working...
              X