lacriserts and mgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lacriserts and mgd

I know this may sound like a very weird question, but here goes. I know that extended contact use and years of use can cause MGD. Do you think that wearing lacriserts would cause any damage to the mgs? They do get uncomfortable for me by the end of the day, but it is still worth it for me not to be putting the drops in all the time.

Just wondering.....
    I don't want to do any further damage.
    Melissa
    pianolady

Melissa, you need to run this question by your doctor. Not many people use Lacriserts, so not many people know much about them. I've tried them twice, but they didn't do the trick for me.

Do you mean your eyes are irritated from the Lacriserts by the end of the day? Do you wear them at night? Do your eyes hurt from the Lacriserts?

If they are really hurting your eyes, it may not be worth it to avoid "doing drops." Just clear this with your doc next time you see him. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy,

They do seem to irritate my eyes by the end of the day, but not terribly. It seems to bother my yucky right eye more, but it's hard to tell if its just the bad eye or the lacrisert. I tried them at night, but that didn't work out so well for me.

I think what I feel on the right conjunctiva is similar to what those with conjunctivachalasis feel. I have been told I have "redundant conjunctiva" in the eye from the cysts being aspirated with an added scratchy spot just for fun.

I am waiting for the supply of dwelle to come in. I haven't had the opportunity to try it.

I just get a little paranoid about my already poor functioning mgs.

I am waiting to see Dr. Berkowitz, and I will ask him what he thinks.
      I am hopeful for the IPL because long term I would like to do a more natural approach without doxy, restasis, etc.

Hope you are getting some nice summer weather on your side of the state.

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

Working...
      X