Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those that use Soothe XP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those that use Soothe XP...

Do you wear eye makeup and if you do, does the oil in the drops mess up your makeup? Thanks!

I'll answer...

my own question in case it may be helpful to someone else. I bought some Soothe XP today, have used it twice so far, and it has not smeared or smudged my eye makeup at all. It also feels really good on/in my eyes.
    Last edited by alisonW; 09-Jun-2009, 16:44. Reason: typos as usual

Comment

Alison,

I'm really haopy that it is working out for you. Before the restasis, that was the only drop that offered me any relief. Just be careful not to use it to many times a day as it is oil based and not preservative free at least I don't think it is. Have you tried restasis?

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

Thanks Melissa...

You sure have been a help to me. I will def not over-use them.

Yes, I was on Restasis for two full years and never noticed much of a difference so I stopped using it. I recently began taking it again only a week ago. (It's been about two years since I used it.)

Also, I began to have irritation at the end of the day from the Lacriserts too just like I used to have when wearing contacts so read your question about whether or not it could cause the same kind of damage with great interest. Please let me know what your doc says.

Take care!
        Alison

Comment

Alison,

That's interesting. I will definitely ask. I am trying to wear the lacriserts only when I have to go out somewhere at night. Yesterday, was my little girl's dance recital, and I didn't have to go add drops at intermission.

When I am home, though, I am trying to actually tough it out a little. Recently, I have been able to go a whole day with only adding the restasis am and pm. I can't believe it. I wouldn't do this that often yet though. I don't want to risk the health of my eyes. I'm just beginning to test the waters. I do believe the restasis is working for me. I had both mgd (posterior bleph) and aqueus deficiency due to the inflammation most likely caused by occular rosacea. It may not bring me to 100%, but I do have more tears and less burning. I've been on it for exactly three months now.

I started adding a second drop to my finger and then rubbing it into my lid margins and upper lids and lower "bags." This is what the doctor told me to do with the azasite so I thought why not try it with the restasis. I think it gets absorbed into the lids and further decreases the inflammation. I think this has helped also.

I am anxious to get some dwelle also, especially to use at night as I have heard how much that has helped some here.

I thank God for the progress I have made in the last three months and for the great tips and support this site has given me.

Best wishes,
          Melissa
          pianolady

Comment

Working...
          X