Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Blink' intensive eye drops - anyone heard of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Blink' intensive eye drops - anyone heard of these?

Hey guys

So I'm currently cycling through a number of techniques to see if I can sort my problem with dry/red eyes at the moment, which is ongoing and has been the bane of my life for a good 10 years or so now, with no apparent cause or trigger.

Just saw an advert up for these things -

http://www.blinkintensive.com/index.html

Just wondering - has anyone used these?

More importantly, would it be safe to use these for a long time? I know a lot of the 'bright eye' kind of commercial eye drops out there end up making your eyes redder in the long term, and serve only to worsen the problem if you use them for a long time.

So to summarise - These 'blink' things - any good? And more importantly, safe to use?

Cheers guys! hope you are all well!

Hamkins.

I have tried the Blink (preservative free) and unfortunately, they irritate my eyes. However, anything with propylene glycol irritates my eyes. It's the sodium hyalorinate (sp?) that makes these drops extra moisturizing - so I'd recommend googling that ingredient (I did several months back- but I've forgotten all of the details that I read about) and you can find out more about the safety and effectiveness of these drops.

Comment

I've tried them and, unfortunately, they made my eyes feel very gritty and raw and irritated. I didn't like them very much at all. Of course, every dry eye is different and a lot of people love eye drops I hate, and I love eye drops some other people hate. It's worth trying to seek out the one that works for you.

Comment

Blink eye drops

Replying to your question about blink eyedrops. I got a sample recently (the blink gel drops) from my eye doctor, they seem to sooth the eyes but just like many other drops they don't seem to last a long time. Also tried the blink regular drops for quite a while and had the same results.

Comment

I also got a sample from my optometrist and didn't like them - used once, they did virtually nothing, when I put some more in they made my eyes irritated all day.

They contain sodium hyalauronate which is the "latest thing" in eye drops...including clinitas soothe and ocumed...but at different concentrations.

Of course, there's always the possibility that its not the active ingredient that we're reacting to, but one of the "buffers" - the stuff which they use to disperse/dissolve it in - difficult to tell unless you try all the different brands.

I've got to the stage where Im scared of putting anything at all in my eyes other than minims saline solution!

Comment

Minims?

Originally posted by eva b View Post
            ... I've got to the stage where Im scared of putting anything at all in my eyes other than minims saline solution!
            where do you get Minims saline solution, Eva? (i'm in the UK, too). do you buy it online?

Comment

Minims

Originally posted by thistledown View Post
              where do you get Minims saline solution, Eva? (i'm in the UK, too). do you buy it online?
              Hi Thistledown, I get Minims artificial tears on prescription, ingredients sodium chloride + hyetellose [God knows what that is). I presume these are the ones Eva is referring to. I'm inclined to think they are prescription only but I could be wrong. I also like Clinitas Soothe and I'm trying to wean myself off Lacrilube after nine years continual use [yikes that sounds like a long time] and have started using Theratears gel at night but I'm not sure if I like that either but it's probably better than Lacrilube. It's an ongoing trauchle as we say here but perhaps you could ask your doctor about Minims. I like them but need a top up with something else. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamus View Post
                Hi Thistledown, I get Minims artificial tears on prescription, ingredients sodium chloride + hyetellose [God knows what that is). I presume these are the ones Eva is referring to. I'm inclined to think they are prescription only but I could be wrong. ...
                thank you, Jamus. i'll ask my doc about Minims.

'trauchle' is a nice word! meaning - hassle? struggle?

Comment

Here's a bit more information about minims saline.

http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=2787

I think it is only available on prescription unlike the saline products for contact lens wearers.

Comment

I tried Blink.

For preserved drops, I prefer Ciba "Aquify" or Alcon "Systane Ultra". I use either one as RGP rewetting drops.

I also like Optics Labratories "Eye-Cept", which comes in preservative free vials.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      Here's a bit more information about minims saline.

http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=2787

I think it is only available on prescription unlike the saline products for contact lens wearers.
                      interesting, thank you. sounds like it's just a load of ol' salt water!

Comment

Working...
                      X