lacriserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lacriserts

I just got a trial of lacriserts from my Doc, and I have to say, I like them so far!
    I keep rubbing my eyes and pulling them out. but they are a lot less irritated in the corners .
    Thats where you place them, and also where my eyes usually bother me the most.
    They are also helping me not to rub my eyes so much.

I would recommend asking about a trial sample from your Doc.
    I don't see why the things need to be prescription anyway.
    They are just the same ingredient as most o.t.c. drops, in a solid gel.

I'm surprised by how many people lately who are trying Lacriserts and like them. I think a new company just took them over. I'm wondering if any changes were made to the product. I've never heard so much about Lacriserts as I have in the past year!

I have tried them twice and they didn't help me. Maybe I should give it another try. I am glad people are responding well to them. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Skygoddess - Yay! I'm glad you're liking them too.

Lucy - maybe they have changed. My eye doc can't believe I like them so much either. She never even rec'd them to me because she said none of the patients she tried them on liked them. Thankfully she was willing to prescribe them at my request. The Lacriserts site says it take two weeks or something like that for full benefit and I agree that the more I wear them, them more I like them. I do have to use two sets per day, one and night and one in the morning.

Comment

Lacricerts

I am thinking about trying these. My concern is I was never able to wear contacs because I could always feel them in my eye and they were uncomfortable...probably because I was dry even back then. Does it feel like a foreign object is in your eye? I guess I just can't imagine how these would feel and how they work. I have MGD that I am guessing (from my research) is from a combo of Accutane (16 yrs ago) and LASIK (9 years ago). Drops for me only really feel good for about 5 minutes after I use them and then it's like they just evaporate.

Comment

Sabrina,

I have significant MGD as well, and the lacriserts are the only thing that gives me comfort as well. The drops didn't work well for me either. These provide the constant moisture my eyes need. Also, it says in the literature that they are supposed to help keep the tears you make on your eye which leads me to believe that they are creating some sort of tear film.

I barely notice them in my eyes.

Best wishes,
          Melissa
          pianolady

Comment

Hopeful

Thanks Melissa! I am going to set up an appt. for Monday. I feel like I am running out of options! Do you know if you have atrophy as well? Doxy seems to help while I am on it but I have got to find a way to keep some moisture in my eyes or I believe this will continue to be a vicious cycle.

Comment

Love Lacriserts too!

As noted in prior postings, I have been suffering with dry eye for over a year. Still have no idea why. However, I am currently feeling manageable.

Current treatment includes:

Four Plugs. Two umbrella in Left Eye and Two 3 month dissolvable in Right Eye. Could not use umbrella in Right Eye due to constant irritation. Will have the dissolvable replaced regularly.

Add lacriserts. My doctor had not written a perscription for them since the 80's, but was willing to let me try.

5-6 Refresh Plus drops per eye per day.

Hello... I can now function! Yeah for me.

Comment

Working...
              X