VISMED - advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISMED - advice please!

does anyone here use Vismed? and if so, which one?

i've been looking into PF sodium hyaluronate preparations, and Vismed seems a possibility. but in the information section it says: 'Do not use VISMED® multi at the same time as any drug or other product applied to the eye as it may modify their effects.'

does anyone here use Vismed with other stuff? and if so what other stuff? and does it 'modify their effects'? and is it better than Refresh Plus, which doesn't irritate my eyes, though isn't lasting enough for night time.

help....

hey thistledown

i may not be much of a help but i did use the vismed gel quite awhile ago and i did find them good but i stopped using them as i kept getting like how can i put it,a blurry blob like it gathered and had try and get it to the corner haha sounds mad but cant really describe it.
    but with it being used with other products i dont know im sorry but i have heard this myself and be interested to finding it out.

Comment

This product in its .18% concentration is soon to be approved in the US as a prescription drug. Th HA in the product could cause a dilution of other drugs because it holds so much water on the ocular surface. I have never heard of this but that could be a reason. Many drops in Europe and Japan have HA in them and I have not read any reports of it causing an adverse affect. I don't think I would be worried, but make a visit to your doctor within a couple weeks to see if it is affecting your other meds.

Comment

HA and Vismed

Originally posted by indrep View Post
        This product in its .18% concentration is soon to be approved in the US as a prescription drug. Th HA in the product could cause a dilution of other drugs because it holds so much water on the ocular surface. I have never heard of this but that could be a reason. ... .
        thank you, that helps. (and thanks, Kate, too, for your feedback.) i'm gradually building up a picture of what works and what doesn't. i guess it's a juggling act which takes time to learn!

Comment

Vismed

My consultant advised me to try Vismed multi - and he prescribed short term use of a steroid (in one eye) at the same time. The steroid did its job and got me over a really bad patch so I have repeated the exercise a few times since. Is this the sort of information you mean?

I swap back & forward from Vismed to Systane because both start to irritate after a while. Having said that, my eyes are particularly sensitive and I have yet to find the ideal one.

It's difficult to explain how the Vismed multi dropper works; it's a very clever idea but fiddly to use. I aim for the eyes but there is never any guarantee that the drops will arrive there.

Comment

Working...
          X