This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cetaphil?

I read a few posts on the forum on the use of Cetaphil for lid scrubs. Most people mention the liquid form only though. Would it be safe to use the bar form to do a lid scrub?

I normally use baby shampoo but switched my face wash to plain cetaphil, so I figured if I could get a 2 for 1 that would be great.

Anyone happy with using Cetaphil?

Here is what i've been using on my face: Cetaphil Bar
    Last edited by elvishthistle; 27-Jul-2009, 14:03. Reason: Added link

I've been very happy using cetaphil. I also supplement with Sterilid here and there. I only use cetaphil products on my face, as I have both ocular and facial rosacea and anything else makes it worse. It leaves the skin so soft. Give it a try and see how you like it.

Comment

Well first off i'll say I love Cetaphil for my face!

But...I don't think this bar version is intended for the eye area. I decided to just try it last night and wow. Do NOT use the bar version on your eyes! It burned really badly as some got into my eyes. I guess they have a face version for a reason.

I still love Cetaphil but I think next time i'll use the liquid face wash around my eyes. Until I buy that it's back to baby shampoo for lid scrubs.

mjf79: I also use Sterilid! I haven't had any problems with it, and I think it definitely gets the job done

Comment

Elvish -

Have you tried the Ocusoft pads. I have tried Theralid, baby shampoo, tea tree shampoo and they all killed my eyes. The Ocusoft pads are really gentle, easy to use and take of my make-up.

HTH,
        Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
          Elvish -

Have you tried the Ocusoft pads. I have tried Theralid, baby shampoo, tea tree shampoo and they all killed my eyes. The Ocusoft pads are really gentle, easy to use and take of my make-up.

HTH,
          Gretchen
          No, I haven't tried Ocusoft pads. Where can I find them? I was looking for the foam a little while back and couldn't find it anywhere!

I saw that Visine is coming out with some sort of cleansing pads as well, has anyone tried these?

Comment

Originally posted by elvishthistle View Post
            No, I haven't tried Ocusoft pads. Where can I find them? I was looking for the foam a little while back and couldn't find it anywhere!

I saw that Visine is coming out with some sort of cleansing pads as well, has anyone tried these?
            I think the Dry eye shop used to carry the foam...you can also buy it online.

Comment

The Occusoft plus also kills MRSA bacteria.
              I use cetaphil (Liquid) due to a allergy to baby shampoo.
              I am pretty sure it is different than the bar.

Comment

You don't need to use Occusoft or shampoo or soap to do lid scrubs. Use a gentle saline like Unisol.
                Cetaphil liquid soap is extremely gentle and won't irritate your eyes. Make sure you get the "gentle" version and not the version for normal to oily skin. The bar soap is not the same. It contains fragrance.

Comment

I have not been told to do the lid scrubs. I have posterior bleph and MGD no crusties. Would this be beneficial for me? The doctors have said thsi would irritate my eyes.

Melissa
                  pianolady

Comment

Dr. Latkany says to stay away from lid scrubs / shampoos and just do warm compresses and the gland compressions with a Q-Tip. I use saline on the Q-Tip and I also use the wet Q-Tip to remove crusties. Works very well and doesn't upset my eyes.

Comment

This post made me hopeful to try Cetaphil as a cheaper (and easier to find) alternative to Ocusoft. I can confirm that Cetaphil is certainly much better than the Johnson baby shampoo, it still leaves my eyes feeling slightly sore. I guess Ocusoft remains the best choice for me, especially the big bottle as the most economic option. Sterilid is excellent too, but I can't afford to use it regularly.

Comment

Working...
                      X