which eye drop is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which eye drop is best?

which of these works best to flush the eye of debris, but won't crust you up in the morning? These are what I have (samples mostly):

1) systane (regular/preservative free)
    2) ULTRA systane
    3) Soothe XP
    4) Refresh DRY EYE THERAPY.

-Marc.

Marc -

I truly don't know.

I haven't found one yet that doesn't do this.

Comment

uggghhh

they all crust don' t they ...I tried soothe in one eye (blurred me) and systane in the other one. I woke up and both upper lids had yellow hardened small crusties along the perimeter. YUCX!!

Comment

I would gladly put up with the `crustiness' in the morning if I didn't have the constant pain & burning.

Comment

If you simply want to "flush the debris" from your eyes, use a gentle saline rinse like Unisol 4. It's not a lubricating drop, though - it will simply rinse out your eyes and you can use it on the lids, too. For a lubricating drop, you're stuck with the ones you mentioned and the others of that ilk. They're helpful, but yes, they leave crusty stuff in the morning.

Comment

I have found refresh plus preservative free individual viles to be the least intrusive to my eyes and most tear like.

Comment

unisol

is unisol a bit drying to the eye if used a bit much? I tried ocufresh eye wash and it felt nice...wondering if unisol feels good too without overdrying.

Comment

I agree, I use Refresh Plus individual vials through the night (initially I use Genteal Gel for severe dry eye) and in the AM for clearing my eyes. It is the only one I can use after trying many others.

Comment

I also use PF Refresh Plus drops to flush out my eyes. It is not as thick as the other drops and it does not crust for me. I think the thicker drops that do cause crusting work better for DE symptoms. I also wipe my lids with a wet tissue after I put in the thicker drops, and that works well to prevent crusting for me.

Comment

The result only can be try out by yourself

Systane was so bad for me, it is uncomfortable, eye become very tired and small. Tears natural little better but also have tired feeling.

Refresh - normal one have better feeling. But it doesn't last long.

I think sticky drops or gel makes eye looking tired.

Comment

Working...
                    X