Who Would Have Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would Have Thought

I can't believe how "dry eye" has been bantered around, talked about and written about the past couple of years. I especially love this website. Rebecca and Cindy have worked very hard to bring this to fruition. I'm guessing, of course as you don't just "do" this on a whim.

Five years ago, doctors were not even admitting post-Lasik dry eye was a problem, or even in fact, happening. I remember reminding my doc one time that he never mentioned to me that it could cause dry eyes. His answer: "we didn't know it then."

Like Cindy, I don't know what I would do without the drops. In February 2001, I had told my doctor I needed written permission to work shorter hours because of dry eye pain. It was just then I tried the drops and began to feel better. So, Dr. Holly, Aqueous Pharma, Rebecca and Cindy.......thanks! We are especially lucky to be looking forward to getting the drops through the new vendor.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

I was wondering how your eyes are now? I had lasik 2 1/2 months ago, I had giant papillary conjunctivitis and had to stop wearing contacts but the doctor said that it didn't matter and the topic of dry eyes never came up. My eyes were really bad at first. Now they are still pretty bad I use sustane during the day, refresh ultra during the night, I take flax seed oil, drink lots of water, stopped drinking caffeine, wear sunglasses whenever I leave the house. Do you have any tips for me, and do most people get better, if so when?

Comment

Hello Susan,
      Since that post, I had a medically necessary surgery on my worst eye and it didn't turn out well. It made my vision worse and also the dry eye pain. I've been "doctoring" ever since. I've also been diagnosed with Sjogrens two years ago. I am not a good example of dry eye success, but I can maybe tell you a few things that will help. As can most of the people on the board.

You are only two and one-half months out from lasik. This is very EARLY in the healing process. People who suffer dry eye after lasik take various times to heal and feel better. Most people are doing much better at one year, and even six months post-op is a good turning point for some.

You are doing the right things. You may want to try the Drops available on this website. I mentioned them in my post. I still use these drops. Since you are quite new out from lasik, you may want to wait awhile and see if wearing "moisture chamber" glasses will help. That might be Panoptx or Wiley-X glasses/goggles. Also Tranquileyes might help you right now. They are a sleeping goggle/mask that many of us use at night to keep our eyes gently closed. They are available on DEZ or eeyco.com. Try to get enough sleep, as little computer time as possible and you'll get better. Best to you, Lucy
      Last edited by Lucy; 14-Sep-2008, 19:40. Reason: addition
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X