X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit confused-is there a drop for evaporative dry eye

hi all

im confused.............
    i read on here that that clarymist spray is for the lipid layer which i didnt know.

anyone tried this and is it good?

also if mostly drops are for aqueous dry eye then surely the drops im using arnt gona help with the evaporation.

or have i got it all wrong lol

so there isnt a specific drops to help with the lipid layer is prob what i want to find out.
    thanks

Kate

I didn't find Clarymist any use at all.

Aren't Soothe and Systane good for the lipid layer?

Comment

hiya

ah rite i wont waste more money on that then lol.

well i use soothe now and well thought they helped and then after a while they stop but not sure if there for lipid layer will have a look now you said as i think they might.

systane made my eyes seem drier so didnt like them but think ive tried them all now but was curious incase im missing something for evaporation

thanks irish eyes

Comment

think its the ultra 3 thats for the lipid layer but thought that has a perservative so dont get why its ok to use???????

Comment

Soothe is supposed to be for the lipid layer. I tried it and it felt good for the first day, then after that it was awful, really irritating for me. I also tried Tears Again/Clarymist without any benefit other than it feels cool when my eyes are really hot and irritated feeling.

Comment

ah rite wasnt sure if soothe was for that.
            but im the same i felt like they work but now im not sure,its so annoying as i fel like ive tried them all

theres optrex actimist dont know if thats just the same as clarymist but without a perservative.

will have see if anyones tried that one (sigh) what we have do ay

Comment

Freshkote (or clinitas-3) is supposed to be for all the layers of the eyes. That is what I use, and the preservative does not bother me. It helps a bit, not tremendously, but it is a heck of a lot better than any other eyedrop (except for Dwelle) that I've tried.

Comment

may have to try that one then but i take it you cant use it long term them,i always wonder why they put a perservative in when they advice to avoid them

Comment

Hello Kate,

There is no universal answer - people's sensitivities to preservatives in eye drops are different. Most folks do not need to avoid all preservatives.

Many of us try lots of different drops and throw away the ones that don't work.

Because I wear RGPs, I have to find drops compatible with them which frequently have preservatives. Most don't bother me, but whatever is in Soothe does.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Working...
                  X