Rapeseed 2% Eye Drops from Leiter's Compounding Pharm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapeseed 2% Eye Drops from Leiter's Compounding Pharm

Has anyone tried Leiter's Compounding Pharmacy's Rapeseed 2% Eye Drops? I called asking if they could compound the ingredients that were in Refresh's Endura and they recommended I try this formula, stating that Endura users have been very happy with it as a replacement.

It is by perscription and is preservative free, requiring refridge control and toss after 30 days.

Appreciate any feedback on it or anyone who has found anything to replace Endura (or Refresh Tears Dry Eye Therapy Sensative/presv free as they were calling it just before it was taken off the market).

Bunny is this something intended for long term use? Or is it supposed to heal the situation and let you go off it eventually. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi Lucy,

From what the Pharmacy told me it would be long term use -- basically a substitute drop for daily use to "replace" the OTC Endura product. He said their may be some long term potential benefits because of the Omega's in the rapeseed but the goal was short-term comfort, relief.

Comment

Hi
        I am in the uk and really interested in what you have just said. I am finding the corn oil in the restasis very soothing in the short term(only been on it for 6 weeks). I have even thought of making my own drops up although i know its dodgy. I cant find any compounding chemists here so would be gratefull for any knowledge. I thought of rapeseed oil as its a "good" oil unlike corn oil which is fairly fatty and not thought to do any long term good.
        Hoping
        Louisa

Comment

Louisa,
          Did you perhaps make a typo? There isn't any corn oil in Restasis. There is however, castor oil. I apologize in advance if that's what you meant.
          Castor oil is interesting. Back in the days before dry eye set in, I used to be an airplane electronics technician. They used to keep bottles of castor oil on hand for the mechanics to pour into their eyes in case they got splashed in the face with hydraulic fluid. They told me it was the only thing that would make the burning stop. Luckily, it never happened to me!

Comment

Hi Ellie
            I meant to say maize oil, i looked on the info and mine contain cyclosporin, maize oil and petroleum jelly. In the uk they use the ointment that is given to dogs as we cannot get the one in the usa. It is 0.2 per cent. I think maize is corn oil derivative, or am i wrong? sorry if i am. Castor oil has apparently raised some concerns according to a few papers i have come across, they claim it is more irritating than other oils, some even claim it to be carcinogenic! But there is so much out there and impossible to evaluate.
            louisa.

Comment

That's interesting, Louisa. I didn't realize that the Restasis formula was different in the UK. Thanks! Yes, I have heard conflicting things about castor oil as well. So many things left to figure out, so little time, right?

Best,

Eli

Comment

Working...
              X