Mucomyst...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucomyst...

Hey all, my last visit with a new dr yielded a prescription for Mucomyst (10%), a drop that must be made at a compounding pharmacy. Apparently, the theory is that it should "break up" the mucin layer and facilitate more of an even coating. Anyone have experience with this drop?

self answer...

I've been on this drop for about 3 weeks now, and I believe it is responsible for allowing me to open my eyes upon waking without dealing with all the "sticky eyes" I've had since LASIK. I believe my lids are less irritated as well, might be worth the effort for those who have convenient access to a compounding pharmacist.

Comment

Originally posted by tombuilder View Post
      I've been on this drop for about 3 weeks now, and I believe it is responsible for allowing me to open my eyes upon waking without dealing with all the "sticky eyes" I've had since LASIK. I believe my lids are less irritated as well, might be worth the effort for those who have convenient access to a compounding pharmacist.
      Just wondering... when you say sticky eyes in the morning...

Do you mean sticky as in eyelids stuck to your bone-dry eyeballs?

or sticky as in sticky discharge that causes your eyes to feel stuck shut?

Comment

I usually had both, although the lids sticking to each other had a more significant bond than the lids/eyes interface..They are still bone dry in the morning, but the sticking is gone.

Comment

When I first began having problems with dry eye, I was miserable and in severe pain. I used this eyedrop for approximately 7 months to assist in breaking down the constant mucus buildup in my eyes. It did help with that. In my opinion, once the restasis started kicking in, the mucus lessened, thus I discontinued using it. Regardless, if your doctor recommends trying it, I would do so. Then determine if the benefits outweigh the cost or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
          X