This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHEA/Estradiol Eyedrops?

Has anyone used estradiol eyedrops? I recently noticed Leiter's has them, didn't even know they existed.

I've been using DHEA drops for 6 months. It caused my DHEA and testosterone to go up too high, which my regular doctor thinks might be the cause of my heart palpitations/high blood pressure/anxiety/weight loss (all of which I'm sure are also caused by the extreme anxiety and depression this condition has caused me over the last several years.) She suggested tapering my DHEA down and increasing the compounded estrogen I've been using, thinking the estrogen would help my eyes. The DHEA didn't seem to be helping as much as it had been so I went down from 4 to 1 time per day. My eyes got much worse. I have increased back up to 2 times per day and that seems to be helping.

Just wondering if I should pursue trying estradiol eyedrops? Maybe that would help as well as the DHEA and wouldn't give me the problems the DHEA has caused.

Sorry, I don't know much about the DHEA drops. I know that there is an optometrist in the states who came up with a testosterone cream formula for treating dry eye. It is apparently very beneficial for menopausal age group. If I can find the link I'll post it. You could get to it on the 'd'eyealogues' forum (lasermyeye.com). If you do a search in the forum you'll come up with the doctor's name. He actually returned my phone call. I don't know wether the cream is helping or not.

Comment

Working...
    X