Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have hyaluronic acid drops compounded? or use sodium hyaluronate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have hyaluronic acid drops compounded? or use sodium hyaluronate?

SINCE we cant get these drops in the US except from a compounding pharmacy and its very $$$.. about $142.00 for 10ml...
    I was curious if anybody had tried these drops from leiters or some other compounding pharmacy???

i have been trying oasis tears plus but have to use theratears after..my eyes are so dry... are there any other options in the US with Hyaluronan or sodium hyaluronate??

thanks!!!
    Jenny

Jenny, I haven't used a compounding pharmacy so this won't be answering your question but wonder how long you've been using the Oasis Tears Plus. For me, it's been four weeks since starting with them. I started with one drop of Oasis with a drop or two of the Theratears Lubricating Eye Drops (the thinner formula). After about 2-3 weeks I found the TheraTears were no longer needed. AND now I'm using the Oasis Plus less frequently, maybe 3-4 times a day. My eyes are actually kind of glossy looking and very happy.

Everyone's DE issue is different so it may not be right for you. Just a suggestion to stay the course with the Oasis Plus and give it more time. My experience has been excellent, though I have no "support" from any of my doctors. It was through this forum that I first learned about Oasis and found the courage to try them since nothing else was working. Hope you find some relief soon. Oasis Plus are my everyday drop. I use TheraTears Liquid Gel for serious night time dryness or while recovering from contact lens related issues, but these occur very rarely now.

Comment

ive sjogrens and mgd.. so my eyes are pretty darn dry..
      i have been using 1 drop oasis plus and then a few. min later i follow up with theratears.. did you wait a few min after oasis tears to put the theratears in?

i use theratears more often tho---and sometimes i forget the oasis -but i do use them daily..its been maybe 2 weeks.. i will orer some more then since ive only got 10 vials left and keep trying...

thanks for your experiences.appreciate it... maybe i will try the theratears gel for night cause i wake up and my eyes are bone dry!!!

where do u get ur oasis ? do u order then from their website? i havent found any cheaper anywhere else?
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny, I only waited a blink or two and added the TheraTears, so the Oasis would have moisture to "grab onto". I only use the Oasis Plus alone now the eyes have improved.

Sorry you are having such a challenge with complex dry eye issues.

I order from Oasis website, but have seen the fortifeye dot com site has a 10% discount if you order 3 boxes -- but there's shipping as well so depending on shipping costs it may only be a tiny bit less. I have no experience with that website so I can't offer experience. My experience with customer service with Oasis Medical was exceptionally good. They sent e-mail with tracking number and very prompt service.

I understand Sjogren's and MGD are really, really tough to manage. So this may not be helpful but before Oasis, I used a timer and was very rigid about doing saturation dosing with the Theratears Lubricant Eye Drops (thinner formula) emptying one vial split into my eyes within 4-5 minutes and repeated every 2 hours, then as eyes felt better, stretched to 3 hours. This was better than just dosing one or two drops whenever my eyes hurt. Then I had a really bad stretch due to contact lens issues where I couldn't wear the lenses at all. During that time, I used the thicker TheraTears Liquid Gel every hour, one drop each eye. It really did help me to recover. It's thick so it causes a blurry few minutes but it was the only thing that helped heal.

Sending you lots of positive wishes for relief of your dry eye issues.

Comment

Working...
        X