X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis (Amniotic Cytokine Extract Drops) By Ocular Science

All,

Another agent in the DED treatment pipline;

Genesis - Ocular Science; is the first effective amniotic cytokine extract drop (ACE) for the treatment of ocular surface disease. Treatment of inflammation in dry eye disease is critical. Cryopreserved amniotic eye drops contain more than 120 cytokines, growth factors and anti-inflammatory molecules to modulate and restore balance to the tear film.

Key mediators include thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1), WNT4, PGE2 and GDF11. Amniotic tissue has been shown to modulate wound healing by mitigating the inflammatory cascade. As it pertains to dry eye disease, ACE has the potential to modulate corneal and conjunctival epithelial healing, as well as modulate inflammation. Processing of amniotic extract is critical as the preservation of the key cytokines is essential to its efficacy. ACE can be safely stored in a home freezer while retaining its efficacy.

I just got my first box yesterday. So far, feels like an overpriced, soothing eye drop. A month's supply is $275 and was shipped out to be overnight on dry ice to keep it frozen. I don't know if it's sustainable to use longterm, and I think my own autologous fingerprick tears are just as soothing. My dry eyes is due to LASIK, so these amniotic tears are not gonna regenerate my corneal nerves (nothing can with current scientific knowledge), but they are soothing.

Keep in mind, these drops are not FDA approved or regulated. Who knows if it actually contains everything they claim?

Comment

hosanna13

Thank you for the information. Yes, 275USD sounds a bit steep. Are you in the U.S.?

Comment

BoneDry yes I am. If they were $50/month, i would keep using them. I will post an update after a month.

Comment

Hello. Any updates after using Genesis drops?

Comment

Hi
            I first heard of such drop was from Prof. Gupta. Just goggled & found this article. Dr Yeu is also a professor.

--------------------------
            Amniotic Cytokine Extract Drops:
            Safety and Efficacy in the Treatment of Dry-Eye Syndrome

April 14, 2018 ASCRS Cornea

Authors Mark S. Milner, MD Preeya K. Gupta, MD Elizabeth Yeu, MD

Purpose
            Dry eye syndrome (DES) may affect 35% of the population, novel therapies are needed. Amniotic cytokine extract contains PEG-2, in addition to other potential substances which may treat DES. The purpose of this study is to examine the safety and efficacy of amniotic cytokine Extract (ACE) (PGE-2) in the treatment of Dry Eye Syndrome (DES).

Methods
            This is a retrospective chart review from six clinicians (EY, PG, JS, JL,DW,KB) who have treated dry eye syndrome (DES) patients with Amniotic Cytokine Extract (ACE) (PGE-2). All patients used ACE (PGE-2) twice daily for four weeks. Visual acuity, symptom score based on a Visual Annalog Score (VAS) for Eye Dryness, vital dye staining of total corneal scores (TCS) with sodium fluorescein, and adverse events were reviewed on all patients during their visits at Baseline, Weeks 4, 8 and 12. Statistical analysis was performed to compare Eye Dryness score and vital dye staining scores between Baseline and their Weeks 4 viists.

Results
            ACE PGE-2 was safely administered in a total of twenty patients. Visual acuity remained stable in all patients. 76% of pts has VAS improvement of 10 units or more. 43% has a 20% unit improvement (CI=95%) (p

Conclusion
            ACE, amniotic cytokine extract, which contains PGE-2, appears to be safe and provide significant improvement in DES patients in this multicenter, retrospective study.
            https://ascrs.confex.com/ascrs/18am/...gi/Paper/46618

Comment

Working...
            X