This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the optimism, Erik.

I am more hopeful for Rebamipide now. I'm glad to know such an allergy wasn't predominant among the 20 tested. I would love to see at least some dry eye patients do well on it...especially those youngins. I'd let them "go before me" if it were in my control.

I'll admit, however, I've been even more watery than usual the last few days and my burning has increased right along with it. I should plant a tree in honor of all the tissues I use. I often wonder about opening those cauterized punctae just a bit...by like 20% maybe like it was supposed to be in the first place. But boy am I afraid of making any changes, and I'm not sure who I would ask to do it.

Funny thing is yesterday my son and I sat down to do a small crossword puzzle together. He'd do one clue and I'd do the other. My first down clue was, "to blot one's watery eyes". The answer was "dab" of course, the thing I do most often during the day besides breathe. My six-year-old even thought it was funny.

There's no doubt about it, a mucin stimulator could be just what I need.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

by Annie:
      I am currently in a clinical trial screening phase for a drop by Novartis. Not FDA approved yet but could be promising.
      I hope you qualify too, Annie. And if you're comfortable doing so, I really hope you'll start a new thread and share the experience here. I have to say that I have a lot of admiration for all of you folks who do the clinical studies.

I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable.

Dianat, you made me chuckle first thing this morning. Dry eye has made me compulsive about a lot of things, having tissues in every room, purse and pocket is one of them . Suppose I should plant a tree too.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Cindy,

It's therapeutic for to me to express my "tissue and tearing" woes to those on this site since it's such a contradiction to complain to friends and family about "dry eye" while I'm blotting them with tissues every 5 minutes. I've tried to explain it, but I get nowhere. It doesn't help matters that everybody believes that the "puntae" in our eyes are what delivers tears. I spend quite a bit of time explaining that the punctae is for drainage.

Understanding or not, the ones who care about me just accept that I have issues...issues with tissues. (sorry, that was a stretch.)

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

Diana
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

dry eye study

I have had my third appointment complete with the yellow and green drops. Boy did I look silly when I left the office. Doing the study has made me more aware of my eye condition. I have the plugs but thought the blurriness was astigmatism. Dr explained it was dry eyes. I have no pain, nor grittiness in the eye. I just feel a heavy mucas feeling and am constantly rubbing my eyes. I did get out the old hankies from my husband to use instead of tissue. I go back to the doctor July 8.
          I wonder how much the drug will cost once it hits the market.!!!!
          Phyl

Comment

Lotta Moolah

I wonder how much the drug will cost once it hits the market.!!!!
            Phyl

I'll bet this ranks right up there with Restasis which is $115 at my pharmacy for 30 vials. Also Acular RS is $85 for a small bottle at my pharmacy.

I could set up a pool and we could take guesses..........nah.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Rebamipide

I was accepted on the rebamipide study yesterday. I am afraid this senior memory can not quote all the data that all of you had. Hopefully this will help increase my tears in my eyes. So far 8 are in our study. Dr. is pleased with our results so far. Keep me updated on what to expect. Dr. said to pinch my nose after I do the drops and that will keep it from going down my throat.
              Phyl

Comment

Working...
              X