This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHEA/androgen drops update?

Is anyone out there currently using DHEA drops? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know about your progress. For example, what were your symptoms? side effects of the drug -- does it sting?, do you use any other prescription drops? All info would be much appreciated.

Pinky-

Did you happen to use the search feature? While they may not be "current," there are quite a few threads ... including this one discussing the drops.

Best,
    Neil

Comment

re: DHEA eye drops

Hi Pinky,

I've been trying DHEA eye drops off and on for the past month - I tried for a few weeks and didn't notice much...

I don't know if I'm the typical mgd/blepharitis patient though... My oil is all streaky and "cheesy" per my ophthalmologist - so, I don't know if DHEA eye drops are that useful when your oil glands are not producing the right consistency or composition of oil.

I think my glands have been plugged up for so long that they will take a long while to unplug -

I have found that any type of side shields for glasses really help to reduce the evaporation.

forgot to add that I use restasis, twice daily, along with doxy and everything typical for addressing blepharitis. My eye doc is also having me use vitamin a ointment (all-trans retinoic acid) to try to unplug the oil glands - have been using that for a few months too

Hope that helps,

Scott
      Last edited by Nikki; 10-Feb-2007, 19:05. Reason: addition of info

Comment

DHEA drops

Hi Scott,
        Thanks for the reply,
        I have similar symptoms to you: MGD with thick oil secretions. I was hoping that the DHEA drops would help as, according to agingeye.net they "may help tear evaporation by normalizing the tear film oily layer."

Maybe you will notice some results soon. Have you experienced any side effects: stinging upon application, eyelash loss...?

Thanks for your help

Pinky

Comment

DHEA eye drops

Hi Pinky,

I found that they stung quite a bit, but haven't lost much eyelashes

Scott

Comment

Working...
          X