X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHEA drops and hairloss

To Eileen & others on DHEA drops:
    Just wondering if anyone experienced any hair/eyelash loss while on DHEA drops. The only side effects I've heard of, is some stinging upon installation. Any input is much appreciated.

Usually not

Hi,
    Im not using DHEA drops yet. But Im going to take a DHEA test this week and if necessary, I will try DHEA pills or DHEA drops.
    DHEA raises both feminine and masculine harmon in human body. If you take too much of it as a woman, it might bring too much masculine to your body and cause hair loss or skin problem, hairy face... If you only use eye drops, its not so dangerous as you take pills.
    But I think you should go to your doctor and maybe a test of DHEA is needed.

Comment

i used DHEA drops, didnt help, but didnt notice any side effects like that. Its been said before that the dosage is so small and unlikly to cause these side effects.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sorry, I never noticed this thread before. I used the DHEA drops for about 4 months and can't honestly say they made a big difference. No side effects with hair loss or eyelash decrease. Although most people with MGD probably notice thinning or brittleness with eyelashes.
        Eileen

Comment

Have you done a DHEA test?

Hi, Sazy,
          I've read some of you posts and replies. I got a question, have you ever done a blood test?

Comment

Can you please tell me what DHEA drops contain?
            Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Yes Ive had a hormone test and they were normal, i wud expect so being 22.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi Sazy,

I was today at my doctor but he couldnt give me the test till in 3 weeks when he is back from vacation.
                I guess Im kind of hoping that I have low DHEA sothat the cause of my dry eyes are found...After DHEA test, in case negative, I would do a Sjorgen test.
                I've read a post from this forum, a young woman at 25 got Sjorgen.
                I really want to find out the reason for my dry eyes. I would guess it's some harmon problem or maybe Sjorgen, because I got other syndromes, like menopause problem, depression ( caused by dry eyes and make dry eyes even worse) and very weak immunsystem.

Comment

Working...
                X