This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have now tried DHEA drops; Eileen & other users advice appreciated

After a long struggle I finally convinced my doctor to prescribe DHEA drops. When I installed them I was disappointed to find that they stung badly and seemed to really irritate my eyes. This was disappointing considering I have been able to tolerate Restasis quite well. I tried the 1% concentration of DHEA and am thinking that maybe I should use the .05%. I am going to talk to the pharmacist about diluting my current prescription with distilled water. For those on DHEA, is anyone using .05%? I understand 1% is the standard dosage. And, does anyone have any advice as to how to deal with the stinging? Do people find that it improves over time?

hi
    please see my message.

Dhea eye drops do sting my eyes i think it is the case with most people, i had no burning/stinging with restasis as well.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Pinky,
      I used the DHEA drops from Oct. thru Jan. I stopped using them because they seemed to be irritating my eyes more than helping. They always stung from the beginning. I used restasis for 4 weeks back in Sept but they started causing severe eyelid irritation after a month.

Try using the DHEA drops only once a day and then increase to bid if you think they are helping. You're lucky that you can tolerate restasis.
      Eileen

Comment

Working...
      X