This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muro 128

Was told by an eye doctor about a drug called "Muro 128" - but he thinks it is only available in the States. Does anyone know anything about it and is it available in the UK?

I know about it. I use it for RCE. (corneal erosion) Don't know if it's available outside US.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

namoomoo

Muro128 is NOT available in the UK, even on prescription. The pharmacy told me I could get a prescription for it but it would cost in excess of £100 for the NHS to buy as it is not on their approved drugs list and it was highly unlikely that I would get a DR to prescribe it due to the cost. it is ridiculous given that it is a sodium ointment (salt) in an ointment base - just madness.

You are best getting someone in the states to send it to you and send them a paypal payment to cover the cost. I am sure someone would volunteer if you ask.

It is about $10 per tube with postage works out at about $15-$20.

it is just one of those silly things that you can't get in the UK and you should be able to. You may be able to get it in Europe - not sure, France seems to be a good place for some of these things.

ian

Comment

Thanks Ian. Do you know exactly what the stuff does? Lucy said it was for corneal erosions. What exactly does it do? I was after something for the night. I had tried the legendry genteal gel in Oz - but my eye doctor said not to use it. Which was annoying as I was thinking it was a good alternative to lacrilube! And i thought Muro 128 was suggested as an alternative??
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by namoomoo
          Thanks Ian. Do you know exactly what the stuff does? Lucy said it was for corneal erosions. What exactly does it do? I was after something for the night. I had tried the legendry genteal gel in Oz - but my eye doctor said not to use it. Which was annoying as I was thinking it was a good alternative to lacrilube! And i thought Muro 128 was suggested as an alternative??
          Thanks!
          It infuriates me that a DR in the UK will tell you not to use something in preference for something else that is not available - their logic escapes me!!!!

You can get Muro128 in the UK but you will have to mortgage your first born to get hold of it. It is around £100 to buy here (so my pharmacy told me). Much cheaper to get it from the states and pay someone for their out of pocket expenses.

Did they tell you why you shouldn't use Genteal Gel?

It is my understanding that Muro128 is a sodium ointment that assists with RCE because it helps to dehydrate the cornea overnight to help the epithelium reattach itself.

DrG has a number of posts about it in his forum so you may want to have a look there.

How did you find the Genteal Gel, many of us like it - I use it every night without fail?

Also email me if you like, would love to hear how the trip to Oz went.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Mura 128

When I was using it I got mine from Canada. Was way cheaper than the States. I think it was around $5 per tube and about $15 in the States. If you are 100% sure you are going to use this it would save you money if you bought a lot of it because of shipping. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X