This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxy Drops

This has probably been mentioned before but I can't locate anything on a search.

Q - Has anyone obtained Doxycycline eye drops? What is the brand name and where did you get them?

Thanks
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Bruce
    I too am keen to get hold of Doxycillen eye drops which i notice Dr Latkany in a recent reply to someone said he preffered to oral -
    It makes more sense to use it locally as drops ,than subject your whole system to it with side effects of digestive disturbances and skin sensitivity to sunlight ,and breast cancer
    I had e mailed Leiters pharmacy about it some months ago and i recieved a reply ----
    (i was going to include here a scanned copy until i realized there are issues of security and anonymity , whoops!, so i will give you the important bits)
    They will send doxycillen eyedrops out on mail order to GB only
    if you send them a scanned copy of a doctors perscription
    The perscription must include the strength and they say doxy drops come in 0.025%; or in rare instances 0.1%
    They included a phone number if you wished to talk to them ---
    (408)292-6772
    Hope that is some help
    HUGE problem - persauding some doctor to write that perscription

Comment

I got doxy drops from my GP on prescription, don't still have them but they were indeed doxy.

Another surprise is that they did NOT contain BAK.

Ask your GP about them. Mine looked it up in their drug manual and there it was.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Cheers,
        I actually found similar online:
        "Tetracycline (Chlortetracycline) | Aureomycin Ophth Ointment (brand)"
        so bought a sample.
        I have the same concerns as Stella for oral doxy.
        Regards,
        Bruce
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Wow !!
          Thanks you guys for that valuable info - My eyes are better at the moment (big relief)but I will certainly keep that info in reserve - I do have a very nice GP but try not to tell her what to do so i have to be v diplomatic -- could try the on line stuff although i am not too keen on ointments

Comment

Working...
          X