X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline eyedrops and dosage

I need advice....

It looks like it'll be possible to make doxycycline eyedrops at the hospital here in my hometown in Norway (my doctor wrote to Leiter's pharmacy in California and got the receipt). This is very good news. I'm wondering though..what is the normal dosage? How many times are you supposed to use the drops per day? My doctor wasn't told in the mail from Leiter's.

As I've been reading a lot of good news about Azasite lately, I've started to wonder maybe it would be better to try this kind of drop instead of doxycycline eyedrops. I'ts not sold in Europe though, and I'm allergic to the preservative BAC, so I would need to have it made at a compounding farmacy. Has anyone tried to order compounded azithromycin from Leiter's pharmacy?

Greetings from Toril

Doxy

I used doxy drops from Leiters. It was 2X a day. Good luck!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Thank you! ...Did they help you in any way? I have been interested in trying doxycycline eyedrops as my eyes seem to get some benefit from oral doxycycline.

Toril

Comment

Doxy

They stinged upon instillation so I gave up on them but if u are getting benefit from oral doxy I would imagine that you would see benefit from topical. Good luck!
        If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Thank you, Kcoffiner!

Anyone else on this site, that has tried doxy drops... were you also using it twice daily? I'm trying to find out what is the most common dosage (can't find the info on the net).

Toril

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
            Thank you, Kcoffiner!

Anyone else on this site, that has tried doxy drops... were you also using it twice daily? I'm trying to find out what is the most common dosage (can't find the info on the net).

Toril
            Are you taking themk for MGD? If so, whats the exact purpose of them? Stop infection or get oil to flow in general. THe reason I ask is because I dont have anything going on visually with my lids, i just have MGD.
            Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

I'm not using them yet...want to discuss the possibility of trying Azasite with my doctor first (as I've heard much about it on this site). I would use doxy eyedrops for the MGD yes, and for trying to reduce the ocular inflammation in general.

Toril

Comment

Working...
              X