Anti vegf company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti vegf company

The companys that is making Anti vegf therapy in Europe are Roche (they make Avastin)
    and Novartis makes Lucentis. In the US it is Genentech.

It doesn´t look like they plan to do any trails or planing on making avastin eyedrops in the near future. Not for red eyes, MGD or ocular rosacea anyway.

Maybe if they know how many peolple suffers from this there could be a chance.

I have not been in contact with Novartis yet only Roche.

Sanna -

There will likely be no indication for these conditions. These medications will be used "off-label" for ocular rosacea or eye vascularization as they currently are being used for corneal neovascularization or recurrent pterygium. That is how many, many drugs are prescribed in the US - don't know about Europe.

Gretchen

Comment

Ok, That is good to know. I hope that it is the same in Europe. Do you know

if it is injections in the eye or eyedrops they use for CNV? I read something

about recurrent ptrygium and they used eyedrops.

Comment

Dr in Germany useing eyedrops for CNV

I found this article. A doctor in Germany is using eyedrops for contact lens induced red eyes.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/...36&uac=29096PN

Comment

Huh?

This is not for "red eyes". This is for corneal neovascularization - quite different. Anti-vegf's are currently being used for CNV in many places. But this is NOT for red eyes. If you went to a Dr using Avastin for CNV with conjunctival or episcleral veins they would not treat you. No way.

Gretchen

Comment

I cannot open that link. I'd love to read the article because I'm from Germany and maybe this doctor can help me. Anti-VEGF therapy is also in phase 2 at the Bayer company...

Comment

Maybe you find the article if you google eyedrops for corneal neovascularization and Claus Cursiefen, or something like that. (I think the doctor is working at the university of Erlangen-Nurnberg)

Bayer? Is that a German drug company?

If i google contact induced keratitis and look at the pictures, the eyes looks red and in the article it says that maybe eyedrops could cure that in the future. They are in phase 3 now i think. maybe it is not for red eyes ,just contact induced keratits but if it is for that why not red veins? my eyes looks like the eyes i found...
              Last edited by sanna; 17-Jul-2009, 05:57.

Comment

I acutually know Dr. Cursiefen, he did my operation last year (had to take a nervus out of my eyes). I might ask him about dry eyes and anti-VEGF, but I'm sure he would have suggested it to me if he believed it worked because my eyes are still very red from the operation (and of course due to the dryness).
                I also wrote him an email asking for the IPL thing but he said he never heard it - anyway, he seems to be open for new things so maybe that's good for the future.

Comment

Sanna, Steph -

I do not think that doctors will prescribe anti vegf to you for red eyes because there is risk of epithelial thinning and defects from its usage. They prescribe it for CNV because this condition causes blindness and hence the risk vs. benefit trade-off makes sense. They are not going to use it (at least any time soon) for cosmetic purposes. Dr Latkany talks about this but he is not yet using it because of the potential for ocular toxicity. He talks about dosage issues but we will see.

But Steph, ask the doctor and see what he says. If he caused more vessels from his nevus removal, you should tell him that anti vegf is also being used for pterygium recurrence after surgical excision and your situation is not that dissimilar. Let us know what he says.

Gretchen

Comment

ok, i guess the only thing to do is wait and see if it is poosible to use anti vegf in the future i mean it is a lot better to remove the veins before they actually start to grow in the cornea.

(the good thing is that he used eydrops and not injections cause i really think it is a bit scary with the injections)

stehgurl,

please let me know what he says, if you ask the doctor.
                    Last edited by sanna; 18-Jul-2009, 02:13.

Comment

Im interested in this, since IPL isnt helping...

Do you think it would have an application for dilated inner eyelid blood vessels as well as eye surface blood vessels??

Thanks
                      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I don´t know, but if it is suppose to make the vessels in the eye go away why not the bloodvessels on the inner eyelid. (Maybe it is not working with eyedrops but what about an injection)
                        Last edited by sanna; 01-Aug-2009, 01:47.

Comment

Working...
                        X