Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tear over flow plugs?

Hiya

a few questions about plugs. I have lower plugs.

I have been told that my schimmer results are 20min, but this was done without anesthesia and i forgot to mention that i have plugs already to the doc. But what i find is wierd is that if i have normal schimmer results.. Then why do i not get any tear over flow from the plugs? i have heard that in normal people the tears role down your face with plugs.

And also the doc said that he didnt use anesthsia for the test because if you had leses tears you wouldnt even be able to reflex tears, when i said i might be reflex tearing. is this right?

I have to admit when i look in my eyes they dont look dry at all can see quite abit of liquid. but my be the effect of the plugs.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Not all 'normal' people produce the same amount of tears so not every 'normal' person would experience tear overflow if their lower ducts were plugged. The plugs may have also migrated down the tear duct and be less effective. The reason you do not get tear overflow from the plugs could be because you have less tears than average, but not to the point of being classified as aqueous deficient dry eye hence the 20 result on the schimmer test. The only way to be sure would be to have the plugs syringed out and go from there. This involves having the plugs ejected by squirting saline solution down the ducts from a syringe. I think reflex tearing is reduced by dry eye but maybe next time ask to have the test done with anathesia. p.s. There is a guy called Dr. Rose at moorfields who syringed my plugs out for me and didn't charge any extra than the consultation fee. When I first tried to get them out another doctor charged me £200 on top of the consultation fee and was unable to get both out. Nice.

Comment

Working...
    X