Question about cautery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about cautery

I had cautery done in my lower left puncta a week ago. I am wondering if it has reopened. Should the lid be smooth and show no sign of the opening? The day after I had it done I started having a sharp pain when I turned my head and that continued for a few days. I'm wondering if that indicated stretching of the wound. I know I can call the doctor but I would like a little input from some other people who have had this done. Right now I feel a little stupid. I think my symptoms are a little better, but I'm not sure. The second day after cautery my light sensitivity was a lot less, but now it is the same as before. Maybe my eye isn't as dry as before.

I had 4 warts removed from my eye area and cauterized the same day. Those areas are healed completely.

Any help would be welcome!

SAAG would be a good resource. She's had cautery done. Send her a PM and ask her advice in case she misses your post.

Comment

I haven't looked at mine in a while now... the last time I checked it just looked like a flat, white circle where the puncta used to be... I wasn't able to get a good enough look to see if there is any opening though... mine are really under the lid... so hard for me to get a good look there...

Any pains that I had were only when I moved my eyeballs around that first day... felt like I had a mutant-sized eyelash under there or something... if I didn't move my eye, then no pain.

By the day after the cautery, all I had was mild foreign body sensation and itching there.

Do you have your uppers blocked (either by cautery or plugs) as well?

Comment

My uppers and right eye have plugs. The eye that was cauterized has had 2-3 plugs. I was planning on having a new plug since 2 attempts had been made to push in the last one. My regular doctor had described the tear duct as "malformed" and the doctor he sent me to for wart removal with cautery said he did not think a new plug would stay in and cautery would work better for me. The old plug was trying to come out backward. I probably should have waited and done more research just for peace of mind, but I was going on vacation and the old plug was poking me and making me miserable.

I know the hole should disappear - I just don't know how quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X