More than one plug in a punctum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than one plug in a punctum?

I have been reading the plug posts here and noted that several people mentioned having more than one plug inserted in a single punctum. I would have to assume these would be the Herrick plugs or another type of intracanalicular plug. My question is, what are the indications and rationale for having more than one plug inserted in a single punctum? I have not as yet been able to find anything about this online.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Kitty, not sure if this answers your question or not. Here goes:

Once upon a plug........oops, I mean once upon a time, I went to another doc for a second opinion. I'd already had plugs inserted by my regular lasik doc, but was still having painfully dry eyes. The second opinion doc inserted a "temporary" plug, piggybacking it with the Herrick plug. His rationale was to see if I could tell any difference with additional plugging. Perhaps the herrick plugs were not doing enough????? He then charged me an enourmous amount for the disolvable plugs. This was a long time ago and I don't remember all the details/reasoning. I do remember the piggybacked plugs did not help and the amount they charged for them.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X