page turns pink when reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page turns pink when reading

I of course have dry eyes. Have 4 punctal plugs, wear goggles at work, use eye drops. I am on bio-identical hormones, and taking herbal supplements for healing my adrenal glands. I also take 6000mg of Omega 3 oil. I have been diagnosed with MGD. When I try to focus my right eye, which is the worst one for dryness, the symptoms increase, grittiness, ache, light sensitivity. I have found that when reading, the page turns pink (right eye only). Has anyone else experienced this problem? I use eye drops (Oasis Tears Plus). Humidify the house or room that I am in. I love to read and quilt and have not been able to do so for about a year and a half. I am going to see a neuro ophthalmologist and a rheumatologist. I did the Alcat food sensitivities test and came up with multiple food sensitivities. Unknown how reliable this test is. Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and was it related to dry eyes or something else.

i'm really no help either, since I am technically a newbie with dry eye as well, but I've noticed a similar problem. Anything that has a white background has a green tint for one of my eyes and a red tint for the other eye. It has now gone away, but every now and then I see that difference. Sorry, no idea why, thought it was a sign of infection at first, but don't really know. Going in to see my eye doc this week, will ask!

Margaret

Comment

I've noticed that pages turn pink, too. Not currently, but it's happened once or twice. It doesn't seem to last long, but I'll notice if I close my less painful eye and look only through the really irritated one, white walls, book pages, etc. look pink.

Like I'm looking through rose-colored glasses. But it is only in the one eye, and like I said, isn't happening currently. I've never mentioned it to my eye doc.

Comment

Working...
      X