X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schirmer test with plugs

Hello,

Have you had an increase in your schirmer test with plugs ?

I was tested 3 months ago 1 / 2 without plugs Schirmer was 0 mm in both eyes.

Now is 5mm and 10mm. I don't know whether this is due to the plugs or is it that my tear glands working again or not or both ?

Have you similar experience ?

Originally posted by anthos_1975 View Post
    Hello,

Have you had an increase in your schirmer test with plugs ?

I was tested 3 months ago 1 / 2 without plugs Schirmer was 0 mm in both eyes.

Now is 5mm and 10mm. I don't know whether this is due to the plugs or is it that my tear glands working again or not or both ?

Have you similar experience ?
    Hello Anthos:-)
    If you have no tears at all (0mm) plugs won't help you. You have to have some tears to be kept on your eyes by plugs. So the answer is only one-your eyes are getting better.
    My experience with plugs- I haven't noticed any difference. When they were installed I had 10mm and 11mm so I should have feeling of having something about 20mm=NO DRY EYES- it was my expectation. Maybe they were installed in bad way. But since I have had them I have got bags under my eyes aftr waking up. During next visit I will ask my doc to take them out because I feel it can be the allergy:-)

Comment

My schrimer scores are lower after being quadraplugged. I was 18-19 pre lasik. Before being plugged I was 7 and 4 and now after 4 plugs and being on restasis for 11 months I'm 4-5 this is very frustrating.

In regards to the short term increase in your scores chemical I noticed I was overflowing a bit about a week post quadraplugged.

Comment

Working...
      X