Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
    LOL!

Online medical dictionary says... "Surgical alteration of a cyst or similar enclosed cavity by making an incision and suturing the flaps to the adjacent tissue, creating a pouch." Bleeech, in any case.
    Hmm. Yeah, your answer makes sense, too

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
      Ive had the Oasis form fit - wouldnt do it again. To be fair Ive had no problems like those listed above, being a soft gel-like material it is unlikely to cause any damage to surrounding tissue. In my experience, it just didnt help at all - not like the silicone ones that sit outside the punctum. I dont think they're in place anymore anyway.
      Susie,

Does this mean that you have tried the silicon ones with the little cap on them, and got better relief from them than from the Oasis ones?? I had the Oasis Extended Duration plugs that Indprep mentioned. They have been fully dissolved now for about 3 weeks. I'm not sure I really got any benefit from them, but am considering trying the silicon ones to see if they will help me. I thought that plugs would help since my main problem is lack of tears, so it was upsetting not to get any relief from the 90-day ones. I'm just curious if the silicon ones are more effective than the dissolving ones...even those that are supposed to last for 90-days.

I am definitely staying away from the permanent intracannicular plugs though, like Lisa was talking about above. After my lasik experience, I'm not too keen on trying things even if the negative side effects are "very very rare". I've already gambled and lost big time with the lasik.

-Shells

Comment

Originally posted by indrep

SusieD
        Oasis has the 12 week plug, Extended Duration plug, which is their version of a 90 day temporary. The Form Fit plug is a "permanent" Hydrogel plug that does not dissolve. The Form Fit plug could have come out if the punctum was dilated prior to insertion, but this would have happened within the first 10-20 minutes after implanting.
        Yes they were dilated beforehand. But Im guessing they could also slip down right? if they have worked their way down or slipped down completely then they cant be syringed out can they? I suppose they could try and flush them out. Either way - I dont think they are in place because whenever I put drops in my eyes I can always taste them at the back of my throat a few seconds later so if the drops are draining away - so are my tears. Wherever they are they arent effective anymore anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X