This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickly dissolving plugs

Is there anyone out there whose 7 day temp plugs dissolved really fast? Like in 3 days? When I had them, this happened to me and my eye doctor said he had never seen them dissolve so fast. I am wondering if this has something to do with the cause of my DES.

For example, I suspect I have an autoimmune disease, would this make my plugs dissolve faster than someone with MGD? Maybe I have a crazy immune system that attacked the plugs?

Does anyone know what makes the plugs disolve faster in some people than others?

Thanks

Unfortunately there is some erroneous information among eye care providers about how long the temporary plugs take to dissolve. I believe this is due to company marketing. The truth is collagen plugs block the draining of tears for 2-3 days. The extended duration plugs stop tears from draining for 85 to 100 days.

Comment

Hi,
      I'm not sure how he knows they have dissolved or if the problem is that they just didn't help you? Those temp. plugs have limited sizes. For example, I have really large punctum holes and temporary plugs did nothing for me at all because they were much too small.

Comment

My eyes felt moist and my vision improved about 45 minutes after he put them in. They felt great for about three days. Then I called and said I was in pain again. He said come on by and when he looked in my eyes they were gone. He said these must have dissolved really quickly. I never felt anything fall out and he is a really good optometrist who specializes and lectures on dry eye.

Comment

Were the plugs replaced? Were they blue or whitish looking?

Comment

I'm not sure what color they were. He replaced them with "permanent" ones and they've been in ever since (about a year). Just to clarify, I was in pain because of my dry eye, not any rubbing of the plugs or anything like that. I was just wondering if anyone ever had plugs that dissolved so quickly and what the reason is behind that.

Comment

Working...
            X