This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cautery today

Well I had cautery today. I dont know if females are tougher then me, but I read a few female experiences on here. Did it ever hurt. I have had freezing by a needle injected into my eye lid once when i had a valve implanted in my left eye for eye pressure, and this might have been worse. The freezing was the same, but I was complaining how much it hurt. He hit the bone under my eye lid and i pretty much cringed. Then when he did the thermal cautery it burned and hurt for about 2 hours. Its still stiff and swollen.

He would not do 4, even though i did trial runs with plugs and did not get full relief until 4 were inserted.

Verdict is it helped, but i fear I need to go back in a few months to get the top done. I dont want to go through that again but i will have to.

One very pleasant side effect I hope lasts, and if someone could please explain how this happened.

I know there is a relation between tear ducts and my sinuses. But this still does not make sense.

I had dry sinuses, and a sinus infection, so far 18 hours later for the first time in about 6 years I can breathe through my nose easily.

How could plugging my tear duct improve my sinuses?

Unless its this ofloxacin medication i have to put in my eye, but i hope not.

Oh and one other thing I am not sure of, I can still see my tear duct opening, but theres white around it. Shouldnt it be completely white closed shut? Or not?

Comment

I also get full relief with all four punctum closed. If any of them open, I suffer. You'll be sore/itchy for a couple of days. Try not to rub your lids till they heal. After the doc numbed you, you shouldn't have felt any pain or burning during the procedure if he did it right??? My sinus issues improved greatly with cautery. I believe the pollen or ? that is in the air gets into your eyes/tears and since your tears don't drain into your body the allergens don't affect you as much. That's my thoughts on it...don't know if that is true.....not an expert.

Comment

Oh dear, I hope your right djb, and you dont feel pain for 2 hrs during and after having it done. this is something I'm looking at down the road, as I had punctal surgery to open and enlarge mine few yrs back, may be my problem now. I went from tears rolling down my face, to no tears at all. I can take some discomfort, and didnt think the surgery to open was so bad after. hope the closing is the same.

Comment

Working...
        X