Day 2 with plugs - hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 with plugs - hmmmm

Well, I left my contacts in for 12 hours yesterday, something i haven't done for about 2 years. The first 9 hours were actually pretty comfortable, the last hour was pretty dicey for sure but I wasn't anywhere I could easily remove my contacts so had to wait until I got home. My eyes were very uncomfortable by then (but not bright red like they were w/o the plugs) and today they still feel pretty uncomfortable, actually they feel like I have a row of stiches across the middle of each one. I sure hope that clears up. It's impossible to tell if it's the caps of the plugs irritating my eyes (they're Eagle vision) or just the irritation from yesterday. I go back in a week for a check up so I guess we'll have to see day-by-day how it goes. I can't really say my eyes feel more moist at the moment. Maybe this is a normal experience?

Perhaps it was just too much too soon with the contacts - 12hrs is quite a long time to leave them in - especially if you havent been wearing them much beforehand - Do you have all four plugged?

Comment

Sparrow, remember that the contacts are reducing the amount of oxygen and other nutrients available to your cornea. If it was me, and you didn't ask but, I would stop the contacts and let my cornea soak in as much tear as possible. Maybe wear contacts 4-5 hours and not every day.

Comment

I definitely think it was overdoing it w/ the contacts that caused the problem, which is still there, btw. I'm going to call the eye dr this morning and see what he has to say. Other than that, the plugs aren't bothering me at all.

Comment

Working...
        X