Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can plugs help to get rid of chronic eye veins

Hello,

I have an injection (Noticeable vein) in my eye that hasn't gone away in months. I think the dry eye may aggravate it or may be the cause of it.

This one vein is particularly noticeable and looks bad. Does anyone have an experience with punctal plugs moistening the eye and getting rid of a particularly bad looking vein in their eye?

Thank you!

Probably not.

Comment

I know of someone whose blood vessels constricted back to near normal after they had all four ducts plugged. If they are dilated because of irritation due to dryness then I dont see why they couldnt become less noticeable onece the dryness is resolved. I know mine look a lot better on a 'good' day when my eyes are more moist.

I suppose it would depend on how dilated the blood vessels are - many of the smaller ones in my eye virtually dissapear at times, and then dilate again once irritated. I can only think its the dryness that does it.

Probably depends a lot on the cause too - I mean I have one visible blood vessel that has been there for years - way before any dryness, so I doubt anything will get rid of that.

Comment

I would agree with Susie, the small ones can be helped by the plugs but a large one, I don't know.

Comment

Plugs and Eye Blood Vessels

Thank you for the answers SusieD and Indrep.

JoeB.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeB
            Hello,

I have an injection (Noticeable vein) in my eye that hasn't gone away in months. I think the dry eye may aggravate it or may be the cause of it.

This one vein is particularly noticeable and looks bad. Does anyone have an experience with punctal plugs moistening the eye and getting rid of a particularly bad looking vein in their eye?

Thank you!
            The red lines across my right eye have gone away from having plugs in. The ones in the left eye are still there.

Comment

Thanks Danny. I hope it works for me.
              Originally posted by Danny_
              The red lines across my right eye have gone away from having plugs in. The ones in the left eye are still there.

Comment

Working...
              X