No announcement yet.

One of my plugs fell out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been 24 hours since one of my lower pluggs fell out (still have the uppers), and yet my eyes are still quite moist. I'm a bit concerned that the plug ha migrated down, although at the moment I can't feel a thing.

Comment

If it were me, I would be seeing my eye doc ASAP to confirm just where that plug is, or is not. I don't think there is any sure way to know otherwise. Granted I am not too familiar with the type of plug that you have so maybe others can help?
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Much more likely for a capped plug to fall out than work its way in - they are generally pretty snug fitting and the caps are designed for a purpose. However I agree with Kitty about confirming this with an examination. I wouldn't necessarily expect a dramatic difference in symptoms immediately after losing a plug.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by np1981
          It's been 24 hours since one of my lower pluggs fell out (still have the uppers), and yet my eyes are still quite moist. I'm a bit concerned that the plug ha migrated down, although at the moment I can't feel a thing.
          Can you let me know if you confirmed that the bottom one did actually fall out. It would be interesting because I would like to try out only having plugs in the uppers but am afraid to do so. I find myself wondering however, if what they say is really true - that the uppers only stop 40% while the lowers stop 60% of the tears from escaping.

Comment

Yes, it had fallen out of my left eye. I didn't really "feel" much difference while it was gone, there still felt like moisture in my eye, though there was not as much in my other (right) eye. I am going to have the plug replaced in over a week.

Comment

Working...
            X