X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and bacterial infection..?

Hi all,
    Lately, my eyes have been really sore and more red upon waking up in the morning and I've had plugs in for a few months now...I was wondering if they could be preventing me from getting any better...I've been doing compresses and lib scrubs in the morning and before bed...I would have thought I'd be a bit better not worse...
    I really want to go back to eye doctor but last time he didnt really know what else to do for me..Do you think if I suggest a treatment regimen (with doxycycline or something) he'll agree to it??
    Please help, thank you soo much!

Hi there. My Dr is the same way. I don't think dr's really know how to treat dry eye much other than the the handful of tricks in there bag. If your dr is anything like mine he or she will let you try anything that you feel may help. I have found a few things on here and asked my dr about it and she just says we can try it. I did try temp plugs earlier but they didn't help much. I have heard that the 30 day temp plugs don't work very well. I have been thinking about permenent plugs but my dr doesn't think they will help me much. Have you noticed a good difference with your plugs? Hope you start feeling better soon.

Comment

Did u apply any eye gels at night?

Comment

Thank you for your responses!! I think I will try to suggest a treatment regimen to my eye doctor and see if I get any luck...and no, I do not use any gels or anything.
        The last time I applied a gel or anything was when I applied the NeoPolyDexa Ointment to the lids (but got worse afer that) so I stopped. Oh and later on a couple months later I applied Azasite to the lid margins with not much help really...
        But for now I only put in lubrication drops sometimes before bed if need be...

Comment

I use lubrication drops before bed and a couple times in the night. If I get up to use the bathroom or just rolling over at night I will grab the bottle from my night stand and put in a drop or two. Also check your air vent to make sure it's not blowing right on you in bed. One more thing is trying a humidifier in your bedroom.

Comment

Working...
          X