Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do umbrella punctal plugs have a small hole on the top of the plug ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do umbrella punctal plugs have a small hole on the top of the plug ?

i just noticed a small hole on the top of my umbrella punctal plug? I guess this is normal? is this what is used to insert the plug?
    Jenny

does anyone know the answer to this???
    Jenny

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I'm not sure. . . It looks like there is a small hole in the top of the plug, but I don't think it goes all the way through the plug. . . It is not a hole that would allow tears to flow through (at least that is my guess).

I have heard of people using 'flow plugs', but I'm not really sure of what they are. I found this web site which might be helpful.
      http://www.academy.org.uk/tutorials/pplugs.htm
      Last edited by Hopeful2; 08-Jan-2012, 17:27. Reason: typo

Comment

thanks for responding.... i think mine has a small hole like you are saying--i think it is just for helping the doc insert the plug i guess.... I dont think it goes through either.. i just had never noticed before!
        Jenny

Comment

Jenny, All silicone plugs have a column that allows them to sit on a post for insertion. When the plug is put in place the doctor presses a release device that retracts the post and the plug stays in place. The column does not go completely through the plug.

Comment

Indrep-I had a feeling you would answer!!! Thank you so much! I just never noticed it before..
            Jenny

Comment

Great link, Hopeful2. Very helpful info

Comment

Working...
              X