This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs hurting - how long?

I got plugs yesterday and I feel very unconfortable It's like the plugs sting my eyeballs when looking to the side or up/down.

I woke up with red vains in my right eye today and with pain, so I run to the doctor but he only gave me an antibiotic and said it shoud calm down.

How long does it take until the plug settles down and stop rubbing the eyeball?

I already had plugs ones and I asked to remove them as I couldn't get use to them, but I am really desperate now and want to wait a bit, but on the other hand I am afraid I'll get an infection...

Hi Joanna:

My first ones (uppers) hurt me for a couple of days, one worse than the other. I went back to the doc who said they were fine and should calm down. They did somewhat but I never did like them, like you I felt like they were scratching my eyeballs. I tried them for 6 months and couldn't wait to get them out. I recently had the uppers cauterized and have temporary dissolving plugs in the lowers. I am afraid to use the silicones or smart plug types as I can't afford to get infection in a duct so have dissolving ones in the lower. They only last 4-6 weeks unfortunately so have to keep getting them put in again. They go into the duct so I don't feel them though and can tolerate them.

My question to you is how did you get an infection in such a short period of time? Did he introduce bacteria when he inserted them? I would be pretty unnerved to think that within 24 hours of inserting the plugs I had an infection going...just seems kind of odd to me. My gut instinct would be to get them out, heal up and start over maybe with dissolvable ones to see if they even actually help you. Pretty hard to tell if something helps you if your eyes are so sore that they feel worse. Just my opinion....cheers...F/G

Comment

Working...
    X