Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cautery and swollen eyelid first day? normal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cautery and swollen eyelid first day? normal?

i just had my cautery re-done on my upper left puncta.. is it normal for the eyelid to be a little bit swollen the first day???
    i had it done a year ago and cannot remember..thanks!
    let me add that i also just did a lot of crying (for another reason) ... maybe that is why its so swollen???
    hope someone can help!
    Jenny

Jenny
    It will swell like heck, it is a very vascular area after all.
    I had mine done in Feb and the swelling was so bad that I look like I had been beaten up for about two weeks with a black eye. Someone even asked me if I needed the person responsible "sorting out"! They seemed bemused when I told them it was my doctor.
    I was hoping that I might improve a bit, even though I was told I would not, and low and behold I have not, in fact it has stepped up a bit from mid July!
    Hope you have better luck.
    Lulu x

Comment

i spoke w/ my doc today-he said it was normal.. it is starting to look a little better ..thanks for ur reply
      Jenny

Comment

OMG Jenny, I had mine done a month ago (uppers) and they were black and blue and swelled half shut. They got worse and worse for 2 days and then it took 2 weeks to go back to normal. I came into the room the next day and had to remind my husband that he married me for better or for worse and told him that this was the 'worse' part. One of them was sore in the corner for a full month but it is after all a burn. I would be concerned if they didn't swell and bruise and if yours didn't in the past maybe that is why you are having to have them redone....F/G

Comment

ok thanks F/G! i appreciate it!!!
          Jenny

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I remember you replied to a thread I started about cautery- I wasn't sure whether my puncta had closed properly or not- and you also weren't sure about yours. Glad to hear you decided to have it sorted out. Please write to say how you are feeling after the swelling has gone down. My eye also swelled a LOT but went down within a few days (I didn't do any compresses in the meantime on that eye).

Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X