Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sorry if i asked b4 but can u feel worse after cautery for a few weeks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry if i asked b4 but can u feel worse after cautery for a few weeks?

is it normal to feel worse after having had cautery done??? i knw with my left eye i did its just this right eye is hurting so much worse -its been 9 days... just curious if anyone else has experienced this with cautery and recovery?? thanks to anyone who can help! i have called my doc but havent heard back.i do have sjogrens and mgd... thank u so much!
    Jenny

You did ask before, just a few threads down: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...dry-for-awhile

Comment

thanks Pinky! I have weaned off of ambien and my memory is still not up to par..thanks for the link!
      i guess nobody knows cause i didnt get any anwers...
      off to taping my eye shut for now!
      Jenny

Comment

I don't know if my experience answers your question about eyes feeling worse, but I had all four puncta cauterized in May; they never felt worse or drier, but I had a lot of excess mucous. It was so bad that I considered having the procedure reversed. But my doc advised me to give it time cuz my lids has just gone through a trauma. Sure enough, six weeks later the excess mucous cleared. So hopefully your extra dryness/pain will disappear after the inflammation subsides.

Comment

Pinky that does help.. because myleft eye took over 2 weeks of ups and downs so maybe the right is just more sensitive ... thank u for sharing your story -it is good to know your mucous went away and your eyes went back to "normal" for you... i think eventually this right eye will..at least normal for sjogrens!
          thanks
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X