Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have blurred vision 24/7 from plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have blurred vision 24/7 from plugs?

I cant stand the constant bluriness and want to know if anyone else has experienced it from the eye plugs? I am taking other things including restasis which can cuase bluriness but the doc wants me to keep using it so i am . in the meantime i am miserable not seeing as i should. one doc said my corneas are not that bad so it should not i assume be causing me the blur. Another said they are irritated and another said healthy. So all over the board but no one said they are scarred so i assume the blur is the plugs? I dont get it though because ppl's eyes water more than mine with plugs and yet dont complain of bluriness which is why i then worry about the restasis which causes permanet changes in your eyes. I had blur with just the lowers too, not just when i got uppers also. Any ideas GREATLY appreciated. THANK YOU!

Vicki,

one doc said my corneas are not that bad so it should not i assume be causing me the blur. Another said they are irritated and another said healthy. So all over the board
    All over the board? I disagree. I don't think there is anything at all remarkable about these comments. My corneas too are "not bad" in some exams and "irritated" in some exams and pretty "healthy" looking in some exams. These terms are relative and none of them really contradict the other. Plus, fluctuation of surface characteristics is part of the nature of the beast, pure and simple. I would not be so quick to find fault with qualified doctors that are doing their best to help you.

What I do see as a consistent pattern here in your recent posts is the following:

1. You have "constant blurriness"

From what I've heard and read and seen, I don't think that constant blurriness is typical of dry eye.

2. You told us recently, unless I misread it, that you did not really have active dry symptoms and that the blurriness was the one remaining problem.

3. Your doctors, who unlike any of us readers have had the advantage of examining your eyes, apparently don't think your corneas are in a condition that would cause the kind of blur you are experiencing.

4. However, your main concern is that the treatments you're using for dry eye may be causing the blur.

What I would be interested to know is:

- What do you mean exactly by 'constant blur'?

- What are the CLINICAL findings about your blur? i.e. Is this a kind of blur your doctors are able to measure? has your prescription changed? is it a blur that lenses help?

- Has any of the doctors suggested any explanation involving any other part of the eye?

That kind of information could put us in the picture a lot better. However, even with it, you're unlikely to get more help from anyone here or anywhere on the internet than from the doctors able to examine you, in my opinion.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
      Vicki,

All over the board? I disagree. I don't think there is anything at all remarkable about these comments. My corneas too are "not bad" in some exams and "irritated" in some exams and pretty "healthy" looking in some exams. These terms are relative and none of them really contradict the other. Plus, fluctuation of surface characteristics is part of the nature of the beast, pure and simple. I would not be so quick to find fault with qualified doctors that are doing their best to help you.

[HI Rebecca. thanks for your reply. No i dont mean to find fault. I just wonder who is most correct is all. I was not aware the cornea fluctuates so much though. Wow, its overwhelming to know this and know there is little yuo cna do.

[/COLOR]What I do see as a consistent pattern here in your recent posts is the following:

1. You have "constant blurriness"

From what I've heard and read and seen, I don't think that constant blurriness is typical of dry eye.

[COLOR=Blue] I agree. That is what worries me. Actually I would be worried regardless because it never goes away. I want the docs to understnad it does not fluctuate. I dont get it at all.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2. You told us recently, unless I misread it, that you did not really have active dry symptoms and that the blurriness was the one remaining problem.

I had major pain so i got the upper and lower punctual plugs. I only noticed change when i got the uppers too. The pebble scratching the cornea feeling subsided a lot. But when i move my eyeballs left to right i feel the pebble feeling but the doc thinks its me feelig the plugs. before the plugs i would feel that all the tiem. So until a day ago my main pain issue was the burning i would get which is somewhat new. Bad burn too. Oh, and tired eyes. As of today though, i have both those symptoms still and i fear the scratchy feeling may be coming back because i am beggining to feel it again.[/COLOR]

3. Your doctors, who unlike any of us readers have had the advantage of examining your eyes, apparently don't think your corneas are in a condition that would cause the kind of blur you are experiencing.

I guess not. Only one said my cornea irregularity was the cause. But I saw 6 because i would go in and see whomeevr is available. I decided on one though and now staying with him. He is comprehensive optha but i noticed one was a corneal expert and wondering if i should see him or stick with the one i have now.[/COLOR]4. However, your main concern is that the treatments you're using for dry eye may be causing the blur.

What I would be interested to know is:

- What do you mean exactly by 'constant blur'?

- What are the CLINICAL findings about your blur? i.e. Is this a kind of blur your doctors are able to measure? has your prescription changed? is it a blur that lenses help?

I think there are 2 things going on. First i definitely see better out of my left eye than my right. I see almost 20/20 out of left but the right i miss most of the letters on the very bottom row. So not sure if that makes me 20/40? However he does not want to give me updated rx now precisely because of the other bluriness. he wants to make sure the rx is correct so he is waiting till i dont have plugs in i guess. Anyway, the MAIN issue is that while i obvosuly do fine reading the chart, the blur is there. So I am guessing i see the blur when i blink, which of course we do a lot, whereas when i see the chart you focus and dont blink. I honestly cant explain it but it is not in my head and i know it is a real problem despite doing okay on the quick vision test they do each time.[/COLOR]

- Has any of the doctors suggested any explanation involving any other part of the eye?

No [/COLOR]

That kind of information could put us in the picture a lot better. However, even with it, you're unlikely to get more help from anyone here or anywhere on the internet than from the doctors able to examine you, in my opinion.
      Thanks Rebecca.

Comment

okay so i cant find ppl blurry from the plugs so i am grasping for straws here and wonder if perhaps i got scar tissue from the plug insertion. I say that because I had a lot of trouble with the bottom left. It hurt so much. And scar tissue does not disappear. I knew it was not suppose to be so painful. The right bottom was just a little bit painful nothing like the left and the uppers were so quick and easy i could not believe it. They were both done by different docs. would the scar tissue have been visible if it is in existance? Or would it be internal where he put the sharp plier thing inside the tear duct? It hurt there for about 24 hours and then got better.

Comment

In case you forgot, Green Eyes mentioned blurriness from plugs in this thread:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1775
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks DIanat. I was relieved to see someone else had the same problem and was able to rid themselves of it by simply removing the upper plugs. What confuses me though is that i have the blurry vision with just the lower and green eyes had it only when she had upper and lower. also, i am blurry even when i dont feel like i have excess liquid in my eyes. Blinking i think makes it worse rather than better so it is hard to say what is going on. he said he would remove my uppers this coming friday. But, since i had blurriness with just the lowers before, and did not get a little pain relief until i got both uppers and lower plugs, it seems that would not help me. i have to get all removed but i cant bear having the same level of pain i had before i got them. it was excrutiating. so in the meatime i hope that the restasis is working so i can get off plugs but since it too can cause bluriness i worry about it. Sigh...

Comment

I'm sorry, Vicki. I wish we had more answers for you. It can take a while to find that place of manageability. Just hang in there and be patient. I do know how hard that is.

D
              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
              X