X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took out all 4 plugs and got Meg's

Hi all,

I started getting really red veins in my eyes about a year or so ago. I've had dry eye for about 5 or 6 ( ocular roseacea and MGD) and its just been slowly worsening. I am sick of my dr not doing anything so I tried everything. I just had upper plugs put in after having lowers for a year. I think the lowers have been making my eyes worse and causing the red veins. So this week I used tweezers and took of all 4. I feel a little better already. I'm back on a mild steroid, upping my flax/fish oil, taking l-tryptophan, and using all natural shampoo. The main thing though will be cutting down stress at work. That is my biggest trigger. Getting acupuncture wednesday and getting a lip biopsy from the rheumatologist Monday ( blood work came back neg but just to be sure) I was set on Boston prose lenses but the more I think about it the more I don't think they will work for ocular rose. What do you guys think? Oh, and I'll keep you posted on all these interventions still waiting for the Meg's to ship
    Last edited by Katewest; 25-Nov-2012, 08:20.

Good for you Kate! Grab a reins! I agree and think that stress plays a huge in all of this. Also, I've been drinking decaf green tea (4 cups of tea a day and at least four cups of other fluids). The whites of my eyes are much better, and my eyes are not as dry. Fingers crossed for both of us! What kind of shampoo are you using? Good luck next week.

Comment

I love green tea....I need to get the decaf! The shampoo and conditioner brand is Kiss my Face. It smells good but is a tad pricey. I'm used to getting a big bottle at Costco. You're right.....fingers crossed for us

Comment

Working...
      X