Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I guess the white mucous stringy things i find in my eye are filaments. I think i've always had those since I was a kid. I don't peel them off though and it doesn't feel like i have a rock in my eye.

I'm glad the plugs have helped the surface of your eye. To be honest though, i'm not sure if the plugs are helping my MGD. I wonder if the mucous and the salt from my tears is drying over my mebomian glands and clogging the oil.

I have also noticed that my eyes feel drier after doing the warm compresses.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I don't think you have mucous strands. Mine were clear. I think you need to just give it a little time Patrick. The hot compresses help me quite a bit, but there are others here who would disagree. For me, the heat really helps keep the oil moving through the glands. Patience Patrick!

Comment

I remember reading about different types of eye discharge: http://vision.about.com/od/sportsvis.../Eye_Mucus.htm

Comment

Hey everyone, so I've noticed that the gunk around my eyes builds up primarily on my top lids. When I have a little extra moisture, it looks like my blinks squeegee my tear film in the valley created by my double-eyelid. Wiping the area from time to time has made the area very raw and tender. I've tried putting lotion but I'm found that it melts and makes contact with the tears that are pushed up there and makes its way back to my eyes. Anyone have that problems with 4 plugs?

Comment

Working...
          X