Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPPER PLUGS... having difficulty, I think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPPER PLUGS... having difficulty, I think?

Any thoughts on the following would be much appreciated.

I'm ATD and have had permanent lower plugs for almost a year now. As far as I can tell, they do their job. I haven't had any issues with them thus far (aside from the fact that I still need more tears ).

After some odd issues with attempting to put in upper plugs in January (don't ask, not important), my doc put in permanent upper plugs into the upper ducts today. I believe they are called EAGLE VISION plugs, or something of that nature.

The good news... shortly after insertion, I started collecting more tears in my eyes. The bad news... I could feel both plugs scraping my eyes, especially the right eye. The left one felt generally better though, and I only felt a very small pinch when I blinked. It seemed manageable at the time.

The compromise... we decided to keep the left permanent plug in. The doc then removed the right scratching plug and put in a 3-6 month SMART plug instead. Sadly, that SMART plug doesn't seem to hold as many tears in my eye, but so it goes.

But now I'm home for the night and I'm getting a headache and lots of general discomfort in my head/eyes/etc. I can't tell if it's the plugs or not, but I figured it might be. Anyone have any ideas on this? I'm thinking I may have to get the left one taken out too.

Also, it seems more confusing to me now as to WHEN my eyes are dry and WHEN I should drop. I usually put in drops once every 20 minutes. I don't know... it's like the plugs are throwing me off. Anyone have that problem?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by MartyM1985; 29-Apr-2013, 23:31.
    32/M ATD • Getting better every day!
Working...
X